Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Has anyone tried a Stage 2 Smarttune performance chip module?

Reactions
Does it work? If not, do you recommend another chip with easy installation that will not void the manufacturer warranty?

Last edited:

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
that thing looks like pure snake oil.

Use a reputable tuner such as Palm Beach Dyno

Reactions
Snake oil for sure. Palm Beach Dyno, Livernois, ZFG are tunes used here by several members.
As far as warranty goes you may want to talk to the service manager at the dealership. If something breaks they can potentially blame it on the tune.
stuffle69 the way QwikEVO answered was appropriate that device is crap and he gave a known good tuner that is used by members on this site.
You yourself provided absolutely no constructive input just a snide and poorly formed sentence

stuffle69

Reactions
Snake oil for sure. Palm Beach Dyno, Livernois, ZFG are tunes used here by several members.
As far as warranty goes you may want to talk to the service manager at the dealership. If something breaks they can potentially blame it on the tune.
stuffle69 the way QwikEVO answered was appropriate that device is crap and he gave a known good tuner that is used by members on this site.
You yourself provided absolutely no constructive input just a snide and poorly formed sentence
That's your opinion , what you a grammer teacher now ?? any tune will void the warranty from those 3 you mentioned !

Reactions
My aren't you a pissy thing. I gave him research material so they can form their own opinions and options, you not at all.
As a rule any tune outside of a tune offered by the car manufacturer will void a new car warranty.
Proper spelling and grammar are hallmarks of intelligent conversations. Your lack of either makes any thing you say less likely to hold any weight,case in point your reply still lacks any credibility due to the misuse of proper grammar and sentence structure. Have a nice day!

stuffle69

Reactions
My aren't you a pissy thing. I gave him research material so they can form their own opinions and options, you not at all.
As a rule any tune outside of a tune offered by the car manufacturer will void a new car warranty.
Proper spelling and grammar are hallmarks of intelligent conversations. Your lack of either makes any thing you say less likely to hold any weight,case in point your reply still lacks any credibility due to the misuse of proper grammar and sentence structure. Have a nice day!
Someone must be having a bad day ! Your proper grammar and sentence structure holds no weight since you didn't directly tell him that any tune will void the warranty. Instead you told him to talk to the service manager at the dealership so your just wasting his time !

Reactions
No that is the best answer. You go to the person or the individuals that would know what will or will not potentially void the vehicle warranty otherwise it would be just an "opinion".
There is this other thing called a telephone that has been around since the 1870's that can actually talk to someone over great distances.
I am having a great day and how about you?

I like your cut and paste of my reply, apparently that is the only way you can form cogent sentences that are properly formed.

Last edited:

stuffle69

Reactions
Don't need anyone opinion on what voids the warranty i already know ! anything that chances the ecu will void the warranty ! Maybe you should go check the way people form cogent sentences correctly to make you feel better !

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Now boys, let’s all be friends. ;)

LokiWolf

Reactions
@stuffle69 Really went digging to rehydrate a thread from 9 months ago.

The OP hasn’t signed on since 10 days after he asked the question...and the guy who originally responded hasn’t signed on since November.

Ya’ll are ridiculous.

Oh hey, every vehicles I have owned in 20+ years has been tuned. I have Never had a warranty issue because of it. Heck, my Edge Sport had the Motor replaced at 22K, and was tuned for 20K of that. The head issue it had was a known problem, so Ford replaced the Motor. No issues! Tuned it again after 500 miles.

I even owned the dreaded 6.0 Powerstroke. Had 3 oil coolers, and 4 egr coolers replaced under warranty while tuned. Had an independent shop, stud, and delete the EGR cooler, and the dealer still replaced several injectors under warranty.

Yes, it is possible, but not a guarantee! Always a risk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
Didn't notice the originators conversation date just caught the new response and saw the snarky non answer so I replied with information that maybe helpful. I am being nice at the moment.

stuffle69

Reactions
You did alot of research on when people logged in just to tell us Ya’ll are ridiculous ! my whole point is a tune if the dealership chooses to void the warranty they can if you have a tune. All depend's on the dealership but any tune will void the dealership if you want to take the chance, the op ask about piggyback tune so it would not void the warranty.