Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Has Anyone Received a 2022 Model Yet?

mgmack

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Mine was built on 11/13, delivered to dealer on 12/15, and I picked it up on 12/16. Already have 1200 miles on her and loving the 3.0 ecoboost

mgmack

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
The ‘22s have a class IV hitch and 5,600 lb trailering capacity vs the ‘21s with a class III hitch

ranjel

Reactions
Got mine last week.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Can you show some pics of the additional piano black pieces? Interested to see that. Thanks!
I’m pretty sure it’s the same amount of piano black as the 21s.
Changes I’ve noticed is obviously no cupholder led lighting( f u ford), the hvac controls don’t show the temperature anymore. Rather the temp shows in the top corners of the screen. At least that’s how it is on the tech package.

so far definitely glad the 2nd row center console was removed. My kids and myself do a lot of walking between the seats. Would be a pain with that stupid plastic piece in the way.

Reactions
I picked my '22 on the 10th, which I ordered on 10/15 and was told 2-3 months for delivery. I was getting updated pretty frequently about getting the VIN, scheduled for production, built, shipped, delivered...

Blaster7Romeo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
so is a little over 8 weeks becoming the standard wait now ?

ordered mine the 14th Dec

Reactions
so is a little over 8 weeks becoming the standard wait now ?

ordered mine the 14th Dec
Mine was about that. Order went in Oct 5th and I picked it up on Monday this week (Dec 20). I had a little delay in pickup because I had the dealer do the ceramic coating before I got it. As long as there are no delays in materials, it seems that they are back on track again for the most part. I have heard that there have been chip delays again though so I think some times are going out longer. I also had increased priority so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with how quick I got it either.

Podog

Reactions
Mine was ordered 9/22. In production 12/10. Called dealer on 12/20 and was told it’s built and sitting at the factory waiting for a chip. When asked the timeframe they just said “I have no idea but hopefully soon”. Ford has the estimate delivery date as 1/12. I wonder if that’s a true estimate or is that not counting the chip shortage. The dealer originally showed a delivery between 12/25-12/31. So who knows.

Last edited:

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Wow, that's super fast. I'm on week 8 and haven't heard a single thing yet.
Maybe because I live so close to the plant it was made at....

Reactions
I’m pretty sure it’s the same amount of piano black as the 21s.
Changes I’ve noticed is obviously no cupholder led lighting( f u ford), the hvac controls don’t show the temperature anymore. Rather the temp shows in the top corners of the screen. At least that’s how it is on the tech package.

so far definitely glad the 2nd row center console was removed. My kids and myself do a lot of walking between the seats. Would be a pain with that stupid plastic piece in the way.
Wow, removing the cupholder lighting is really dumb. That's one of the more instantly visible ambient lighting areas in the front. Removing the temp display is pretty lame too. I wonder if both those were done due to the chip/parts shortage issues. Maybe they will come back at some point? Perhaps you can retrofit the cupholder lighting.

Reactions
I didn't see any in this review of a 2022.

Yeah, I don't see any additional piano black in the review. Thanks for posting! You can see the temp display change and the lack of lighting in the cupholders in that video.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Wow, removing the cupholder lighting is really dumb. That's one of the more instantly visible ambient lighting areas in the front. Removing the temp display is pretty lame too. I wonder if both those were done due to the chip/parts shortage issues. Maybe they will come back at some point? Perhaps you can retrofit the cupholder lighting.
Agreed. I am trying to figure out if it’s possible. The temperature thing is whatever. Seemed like a waste anyway when they can just put it on the screen. But the cupholder thing pisses me off mainly because it was never made clear on the order guide or from any dealer.