Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Has Anyone Had This Speed Sign Error Message Before?

hbalek

Reactions
Intelligent Cruise Control Speed Sign Recognition Not Available

Last night when my windshield had some fog on it after temps dropped, my wipers kept deploying and then I got this message when I tried to turn on Cruise Control. It would intermittently not recognize speed limit changes and not adjust speed accordingly. Today everything seems to be working fine. All I can think of is the darkness and fogginess caused this error. I can only assume the wiper sensor and speed limit camera is the same.

Reactions
That would make sense to me- the sensor is fogged over, setting off the wipers, and clouding the camera from recognizing the signs. Did you check in the owner manual to see if those sensors are in the same area on top of the windshield?

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I don't know where it's located, but the speed sign reader is a camera, and the windshield would seem to be the right place for it. I know the other cameras and sensors can be pit our of service by rain, condensation, dirt etc.

OP
hbalek

hbalek

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Good to know it's back to normal! This fun ride is a great way to get rid of cabin fever! I made every excuse today to go out and enjoy the 75 degree sunshine and winding roads nearby.