Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hands Free Rear Door Lift - ForScan

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
So when I was installing some new tail/turn/run lights on the rear bumper (Replaced the factory reflectors with smoked LED's), I discovered the hands free sensors/antenea is installed in my rear bumper, just disabled due to the "factory delete" due to supply chain issues. I see some forums where people just enabled via Forscan for the '22 MachE (I have the '22 Explorer ST, rough year for vehicles :(). Someone discovered the PID to change for it on the MachE. I'm willing to bet it wont translate to the Explorer PID. But I saw where a TON of MachE people on the forums found they had the hardware installed and Ford just disabled in the system, so re-enabling in ForScan made it pop right up and work. Looks like '22 was a hit and miss on if your vehicle got it installed, but they were ALL disabled reguardless which sucks. It was easier for them to just keep installing the hardware as it came in, and just disable in the computer. Likely cheaper too as the bumper assembally likely came to Ford as a whole, pre-build and all sensors and harness in it and they just plut it in and put comebolts on the assembly line.

Question is, has anyone enabled/disabled it via ForScan yet? In some light searching, I came up empty handed. I haven't looked myself as I had to just request a new 2 month key as its been awhile since i used ForScan. So I am just waiting for the new license key to be emailed. Figured I would see if anyone else has done it and knows if the setting is already configured and setup on Forscan for me to just flip, or if I have to dig down for the PID and figure it out.

In the pic, it shows the control module under the bumper, under the passanger side. If you just get on your back and slide under, you can see everything, the bumper vallance hangs down and you can pull it a little bit to get room, but you can feel for all three harnesses being there, and the bottom one snaps in and a short cable that runs to a place in the rear valance to slide in. It says if you have a tow hitch, it is two antenna's, but maybe that is another body style, like the XLT or Timberlain. Mine, the antenna goes all the way across under the tow hitch. (Second Pic)

Thank you all for any help! Below is the link to the manual for the 20-24 explorers I found.

https://www.foexplorer.com/ford_exp...ree_liftgate_actuation_lower_sensor-1200.html

Attachments

OP
mharris1984
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Thank you for this!!! I couldnt find it for some reason. Search was giving me crap results, lol.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thank you for this!!! I couldnt find it for some reason. Search was giving me crap results, lol.
Paste into your web browser search bar.

site:explorerst.org handsfree