Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

H&R Springs & Bora Spacers Installed!

Reactions
I would like to see 1" front and 1.25" rear. Seems like it would be the best overall set up to mach the flush look both up front and out back. I understand the front with the 1" will require a little trim on the factory stud, just curious if anyone has done it and has a picture or two?? Thx!!!
I'm also curious about the 1" spacers. Did the studs actually have to be trimmed? I have pulled one of my wheels yet but don't most have cavities in that area that will line up with the factory stud?
I'm running 1" front, 1.25" rear with H&R springs, and yes - the studs need to be trimmed to accommodate the 1" spacer. After seeing some photos here I decided 1.25" would be a bit too much poke on the fronts. I'll try and get some fitment photos for you tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
That's perfect, exactly what we want. I already have the 1 and 1.25 spacers, just waiting for a couple more things to arrive before putting them on. Not sure what the inside of our 21" wheels looks like, hoping that the front wheel studs would fall into a cavity and not require trimming.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
That's perfect, exactly what we want. I already have the 1 and 1.25 spacers, just waiting for a couple more things to arrive before putting them on. Not sure what the inside of our 21" wheels looks like, hoping that the front wheel studs would fall into a cavity and not require trimming.
They don’t. This was figured out years ago. You have to trim the studs with a 1” spacer.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thanks, I spent some time searching for that but couldn't find an answer.

Reactions
...I spent some time searching...
:unsure:

I put 1" spacers on the front and I had to cut about 0.25" off the stock studs to get the wheels to sit flush with the spacer.
the length of the stock stud pass all the way through the spacer and will hit the rim with a 1” spacer.
you only have [to] cut your stock studs for spacers less than 1.25".
you have trim studs running 1" spacers up front.
(1.00 inch front, 1.25 inch rear). I had to order a jacking puck and grinder just to install.
1.25 is the minimum without cutting needed
the 1" will require a little trim on the factory stud
yes - the studs need to be trimmed to accommodate the 1" spacer.
Sorry... I had to :ROFLMAO:

Good luck with the install - it's not bad at all.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
That's what I get for not being clear, I was looking for a photo.

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
Reactions
Perfect!! Now does anyone have pictures of the cut studs? Any issue with cutting the stud and running the spacer? the poke looks darn even front and back with that staggered spacer option. Thx!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Perfect!! Now does anyone have pictures of the cut studs? Any issue with cutting the stud and running the spacer? the poke looks darn even front and back with that staggered spacer option. Thx!!
Except it’s not even. The rear tires are inset right at 1/4” at the top due to the factory camber. Adding a spacer that’s 1/2” wider will have the rears out about 1/4” more.
If you want it perfect…use 1” spacers on all 4 corners and tell your alignment shop to set the rear camber to match the front. With a static drop Spring the front will set at about -.8° to -1°. Match the rear to the front and the tires will fit the fenders the same.

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
1.25" front, 1.5" rear. Stock 21" wheels, Steeda springs and sway bar. By handling improvement, I am talking the spacers alone.
Could you post a full view, maybe front back and side of yours with this combo? Thx!

Also I see that Steeda has spacers. Anyone have experience with them? BORA or STEEDA spacers?

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
Except it’s not even. The rear tires are inset right at 1/4” at the top due to the factory camber. Adding a spacer that’s 1/2” wider will have the rears out about 1/4” more.
If you want it perfect…use 1” spacers on all 4 corners and tell your alignment shop to set the rear camber to match the front. With a static drop Spring the front will set at about -.8° to -1°. Match the rear to the front and the tires will fit the fenders the same.
Thank you for all that!! SO to clarify for me and excuse my ignorance as I am not a suspension pro. Is there more negative camber in the rear from the factory? Thank you!!

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
I bought spacers from motersport-tech.com
What alignment specs did you go with if you changed them at all? ST looks killer! Thx!