Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

H&R Lowering Spring Step-by-Srep Install Video

Reactions
For the rear, remove the long through bolt on the outside of the UCA, unbolt the lower shock bolt and sway bar end link then pry down on the LCA with a long pry bar...pop the oem spring out then pop the new one in. That’s all it takes.

Last edited:
Reactions
For the rear, remove the long through bolt on the outside of the UCA, unbolt the lower shock bolt and sway bar end link then pry down on the UCA with a long pry bar...pop the oem spring out then pop the new one in. That’s all it takes.
you need to loosen everything otherwise you will bind up and put stress on the bushings.

Reactions
you need to loosen everything otherwise you will bind up and put stress on the bushings.
The LCA is designed to move up and down, obviously. You’re not moving it anywhere it’s not already moving while you drive. I’m just saying there’s a slightly easier way of doing it without removing the entire shock or binding any bushings.
I’ve been doing this for a long time...just passing on an easier option.

Reactions
The LCA is designed to move up and down, obviously. You’re not moving it anywhere it’s not already moving while you drive. I’m just saying there’s a slightly easier way of doing it without removing the entire shock or binding any bushings.
I’ve been doing this for a long time...just passing on an easier option.
yes i understand that. BUT, there should be no pre-tension on the bushings when the vehicle is at rest.

Reactions
So loosen them up and then retorque. This isn’t rocket science. All I tried to do is tell people a way to install the springs easier and without a coil compressor. It’s not needed on the rear.