Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

H&R lowered side pic

Reactions
I had mine done on Friday . I like my vehicle s to be lower than this turned out but i am still quite pleased with the look . Going to wait for the wheels to come in and decide if i want to trim a little off or not . I thought the drop rating wouldn't be enough but it actually made quite a difference .

My ST is Better!

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Yes it did. I am home now on emergency leave so my neighbor took delivery. $200 customs fee! I placed the order for the H&R springs but the vendor canceled since they don’t ship to APO. Back to the drawing board on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was stationed in Grafenwoehr!!

rchuro

Reactions
Besides the appearance, do these springs improve drive performance? I’m not a fan of how the ST “tilts” (not sure the if that’s the proper term) when making a tight turn at speed with the stock springs.

Would installing these or a different aftermarket spring design help with that or is this purely aesthetic?

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Besides the appearance, do these springs improve drive performance? I’m not a fan of how the ST “tilts” (not sure the if that’s the proper term) when making a tight turn at speed with the stock springs.

Would installing these or a different aftermarket spring design help with that or is this purely aesthetic?
Will help with both (pretty much anything after market is designed to help/improve stock BS options) .... need to get speeda rear sway also

2020 Explorer ST - Storm Trooper Build

Borla S-Type Exhaust | SPD Downpipes | Vossen HF-5 | Michelin PSS Tires | Speeda Rear Sway | Turbosmart BOV | Rear Wiper Delete | Clear Bra | Tinted Headlights | H&R Springs | Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel | Custom Front and Rear Emblems | UPR Catch Can | SPD T-Stat

rchuro

Reactions
Will help with both (pretty much anything after market is designed to help/improve stock BS options) .... need to get speeda rear sway also
thanks for the great advice! I had to look up what sway bars were lol

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
thanks for the great advice! I had to look up what sway bars were lol
I just installed mine but still have the stock springs. What a difference. This will help with towing too if needed. The SUV drives like a sports car. Can’t wait to get the Steeda lowering springs.

rchuro

Reactions
That’s great! Is it just one sway bar or two?

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
That’s great! Is it just one sway bar or two?

I just did the rear one. Pretty straight forward install with the right tools. I also added the exhaust and tune. The only two additions I am considering now are the Steeda springs and possibly the intercooler then I’m done. Good enough.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'm not sure the front sway bar is worth replacing. To my surprise, the stock one is pretty beefy.

Last edited:

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
How about strut tower braces?

The stock one may not be pretty, but it should work just fine. I'm sure you'll see some aftermarket replacements soon enough that will claim to be beefier and look better.