Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Gun safe under rear hatch?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm digging that setup for sure.

MY2020ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer ST
Just finished this. Found a metal storage box from Amazon that fit under the floor and above the spare tire cover. Ran a bolt from spare tire through the cover and into the bottom of the box. Still have spare tire and provides hidden & lockable storage for tools, laptop, firearm, purse, etc.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Just finished this. Found a metal storage box from Amazon that fit under the floor and above the spare tire cover. Ran a bolt from spare tire through the cover and into the bottom of the box. Still have spare tire and provides hidden & lockable storage for tools, laptop, firearm, purse, etc.
Can you put together a part list? I love this.

MY2020ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer ST
Part list is very simple. Here’s the $135 box that I used. There are plenty of different sizes available. I secured it to the spare tire below the floor with a long bolt plus a couple washers and nuts that I had lying around. Please note this box isn’t custom designed for the explorer, so the fit isn’t perfect like one of the $2K safes that law enforcement uses in their explorers. It could probably be broken into with a crow bar and some time. But it is hidden and strong enough to keep the smash and grab bad guys out If they found it. Happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Attachments