Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Grey Auto Stop Icon

Reactions
The grey auto stop icon is constantly illuminated while driving. Still, after the vehicle has had enough time to warm up and go through all the motions to activate auto stop. I also just replaced a bad battery, which I thought could be the culprit. Granted, I always turn off the function but curious to know if another issue is present.

OP
mcfarlrm
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
I can't be the only one here with this possible issue. I have tried multiple variations of accessories on/off including turning the AC off while the vehicle is up to temp. Even after driving for a considerable amount of time, the notification I receive on the dash is something to the effect of "vehicle charging." The auto stop has worked before but I cannot remember the last time the engine actually shut down if I forgot to disable.

Reactions
I can't be the only one here with this possible issue. I have tried multiple variations of accessories on/off including turning the AC off while the vehicle is up to temp. Even after driving for a considerable amount of time, the notification I receive on the dash is something to the effect of "vehicle charging." The auto stop has worked before but I cannot remember the last time the engine actually shut down if I forgot to disable.
Did you reset the BMS after changing your battery? It is supposed to do it on its own if you let the vehicle sit for more than 8 hours or something, but mine never did.

It seems made up, but it's legit. Just make sure you wait until the battery icon blinks to turn the vehicle off. Mine was constantly saying "disabled due to vehicle charging", despite a freshly charged battery. Reset the BMS and it's all good.

Explorer ST Posts