Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Gremlins

2manycars4me

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
The gremlins are loose in the ST. When locking the doors from the drivers side rear, the hatch opens on it's own. I've gotten the blue screen for the back up camera about four times in the past two weeks. The drivers seat back feels like a football moving around in it sometimes. The chrome is peeling on the window switch, engine is starting to make sewing machine noises at idle, Drivers seat memory is going crazy, brakes after driving for a bit feel like a hot spot on the rotors, windshield wipers quit working and then started working again.
I know if I bring it to the dealer I'll get the great, "Can't duplicate" BS from them. Might be time to get away from the ST and find something else.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
It is close to Halloween, could be haunted. Seriously, I bought my 2020 brand new and yes it has been towed a few times at the expense of Ford, but the Service Depts. came through for me. One thought about the feeling of a football in your seat, seems you have turned your massaging seats on.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
It is close to Halloween, could be haunted ...
Just what I was thinking! He must have the Orange/Black painted model ...

th-582241694.jpg

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Went to the son’s home the other evening. Headlights off when we went in. A half hour later, he tells me our lights are on. I go out to turn them off, (fob in pocket) get within 3 feet and the lights turn off on their own. Gremlins! [screwy]

hbalek

Reactions
Went to the son’s home the other evening. Headlights off when we went in. A half hour later, he tells me our lights are on. I go out to turn them off, (fob in pocket) get within 3 feet and the lights turn off on their own. Gremlins! [screwy]
Mine used to do this and then stopped for several months at a time then happens again several times a year. I've owned mine for 3 years. With mine, the switch LED is off and the lights are in the on position. After cycling through the switch settings, the amber LED reappears then operates normally after that for several months. It's possible sometimes my knee hits the knob on exit but not likely.

OP

2manycars4me

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
It is close to Halloween, could be haunted. Seriously, I bought my 2020 brand new and yes it has been towed a few times at the expense of Ford, but the Service Depts. came through for me. One thought about the feeling of a football in your seat, seems you have turned your massaging seats on.
That was what I thought at first but nope, massage off. It feels like the seat back is going to fall into the back seat after the football feel.