Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Gen 6 Explorer Headlight assembly cost

Reactions
I just confirmed with a local Ford dealer that a single headlight assembly (left or right) for my 2021 Explorer ST cost $2,330.00 ($4,660.00/pair) and are special order. Page 342 of my 2021 Explorer Owner’s Manual (lower left under LED Lamps) says “LED lamps are not serviceable Items. See an authorized dealer if they fail”. As much as I like the car, this really pisses me off. I’m guessing Ford pays their vendor less the $100 per assembly. This is simply designed, purposeful lock-in. Keep it up Ford and I’ll buy my first Toyota.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I just confirmed with a local Ford dealer that a single headlight assembly (left or right) for my 2021 Explorer ST cost $2,330.00 ($4,660.00/pair) and are special order. Page 342 of my 2021 Explorer Owner’s Manual (lower left under LED Lamps) says “LED lamps are not serviceable Items. See an authorized dealer if they fail”. As much as I like the car, this really pisses me off. I’m guessing Ford pays their vendor less the $100 per assembly. This is simply designed, purposeful lock-in. Keep it up Ford and I’ll buy my first Toyota.
Go buy a Toyota then…and you’ll figure out the headlights are the same way.
Most all modern LED head and tail lights are.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
The Toyota headlight is so much cheaper to replace :ROFLMAO:

1690897554921.png

1690897645699.png

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Not sure what you were expecting. The headlamp is designed as a complete unit using LED just like every other new car. They are all integrated systems and should you have a failure it's typically the ballast, not the diodes. The ballast is under $200 new from a dealer.