Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Gear shift/drive mode aluminum cover

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #21
Purchased one as well. Thanks for the review and photos! IMO, it looks much more polished and refined. And I like the idea of the gear shift and the drive mode having a different look/feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okfoz

Reactions
There are 5 different types of knobs that would have to be changed to keep it all the same
1) 1 Shift Indicator
2) 1 drive mode
3) 2 Radio Controls
4) 1 The headlight knob (similar to, but not same as radio controls)
5) 2 Back seat controls

Reactions
There is a headlight knob cover in red - Red Car Headlight Switch Knob Cover Trim For Ford Explorer 2020 | eBay but I agree with the comment earlier, if you can't also get the radio knobs it would look incomplete. When I contacted the seller they sent me an e-mail saying I could find what I was looking for and sent a link to their entire product offering. I found the headlight knob but gave up on the radio knobs after 25 pages of searching. If you do a general search on ebay for the radio knobs nothing shows up for the Explorer. I'm waiting on another response from them about the radio knobs.

Reactions
OK so it came in way early which was nice! A little disapointing, but also not really. It's not made out of metal and rubber. It's all plastic. So that's disappointing. But it feels nice and its relatively solid when you put it on, so it's ok on that front. I think the look overall is a bit nicer, but I really wish it was rubber. The black parts are basically really little nubs. I wouldn't say it improves the feel at all, but mildly upgrades the look. It's got these little adhesive tapes on the inside, but I didn't even use them. It fits pretty snug. For ~$20 I don't know if I'd buy again, but I'm not regretful. Hope this helps.
That's odd that it is made of plastic since the description says it's aluminum. I bought both knobs from a different vendor, in red to match my stitching and other things I have done to add a little color inside. They also has a headlight knob for the ExST, and I have been debating buying either some Mustang or F150 sets in hopes that I get lucky and find some that fit the radio knobs and the rear climate knobs.