Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

GBVx Build

Reactions
Hey all.
I am an emergency service professional, working for a Federal agency, I also own my own company.

I am not real big into performance mods (anymore). I am into functional utilitarian mods. I've owned it for a little under 2 months now, so far I have not done anything.

I have a new set of LED rear turn, reverse and license plate bulbs, dash cam (hardwire), an overhead LED for the cargo area, and a few other small stuff sitting around in a box waiting for me to feel like installing it all.

In the future I am looking towards an intake and new exhaust tips as far as performance goes. I am planning to debadge just about everything except the Ford logos as well as get the car wrapped in ceramic, and match the front tint to the rear. Lastly I will be (slowly) adding a radio, light/siren package to the vehicle. This is going to be the most difficult because it needs to be extremely low-profile due to the nature of the work. Thankfully there are good references from the PIUs that mostly cross over to the ST, except the PIUs have integrated wiring already installed.

Ill be posting pictures along the way, this is a marathon, not a sprint for me.

Last edited:
Reactions
Following. You had me at lights and sirens lol

OP
GBVx
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Put the dashcam in the other night, tucked up high and tight on the right side of the rearview. Used the hardwire kit as well

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X528FNE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ran the cable tucked up into the headliner to the driver side A pillar, down to the fuse box, snaked the cables in through the gap between the two, and up into the fuse box from the back. Tapped fuses 29 for ignition, and 33 for battery, ground is a bolt behind the plastic panel next to the fuse box. All in all, took 30 minutes.

OP
GBVx
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Hows the picture quality?
No idea, I am going to give it a few days of recording time in different driving environments, then pull the card out and take a look.