Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Fuses missing

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
hello
my Explorer (2020) is currently dead in the driveway (-40 C last weekend in Alberta), and I've tried the basic boost with other cars and battery packs. There is no electricity, no lights at all. I assume the battery needs to be replaced.

But I checked the fuse box, and switched 1 and 3 with some spares. I also checked 168 but there was not fuse? (Low Voltage Disconnect). Some other fuses seemed to be missing also incl. some spares.

Do all the fuses need to be present, as indicated in the diagram?
Could this have to do with the car not reacting to any boost?

Any other suggestions?

thanks
Michael

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Well, if the car was running before and now it doesn't, you would think that any missing fuses are not needed. Was the car parked awhile and you just couldn't start it because it was acting completely dead, or did it die on you and act dead thereafter?

OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #3
yes, that was my assumption RE should work without.
The car was running smoothly, and parked around 4pm, didn't start next morning 9AM. When I tried to boost it first, there was some power (lights, audio, heat), but didn't turn-over. I plugged in the block-heater, and tried a while later, and no sign of power at all.
Did plugging-in blow a fuse?
or/and in the instance of low power is that fuse 168 needed?

thanks