Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Full Size Spare Location?

Reactions
Thoughts on where to put a full size spare? Will it fit in the same spot but just fill up the storage compartment?

Ideas on where to get a single compatible 21" wheel?

I suppose for a real road trip I can put it on a roof basket. I do carry a patch kit and compressor if I am lucky/unlucky enough for it to be in the tread.

Thanks!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
It wont fit in that compartment.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Fill size Will not fit in there, due to third row folding mechanism and cross member close to the spare.

I was looking for the same and then realized, even if I'm able to fit a bigger tire in there, my back is not going to be happy lifting the heavy setup from the spare wheel well.

To get single tire and wheel, ebay or car junk yard will be a good place to start.
Or find three more like minded people from your area and buy a full set from here.

rb36643

Paramedic
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thoughts on where to put a full size spare? Will it fit in the same spot but just fill up the storage compartment?

I suppose for a real road trip I can put it on a roof basket. I do carry a patch kit and compressor if I am lucky/unlucky enough for it to be in the tread.

Thanks!

Dennis.

be careful with the roof weight. If you have the twin panel moonroof the weight capacity is only 75 lbs.

kartman

Reactions

Thanks!

Dennis.

I think a skinny 31 in tire on an 18 or 20in wheel would fit the donut location. The trick will be finding the right size