Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Full 3" exhaust?

Reactions
@Kruppa No noticeable changes in performance for me on the low end, but the boost seems to kick in quicker. I have an NGauge tuner installed, which displays boost and I’ve programmed the LEDs to light up at boost intervals, and they light up a little quicker it seems. No data to support that yet, though.

@Kevin 1456 I’ve attached pics, but I can also do a better job explaining it. You can see in the diagram the stock configuration. My setup eliminated the resonator in the middle and replaces it with an x pipe. The single in, dual out muffler is also called a center/dual by most manufacturers (Magnaflow, Borla, etc), which means there’s one pipe going in, and two exits. The stock ST mufflers are also Center/duals, but much heavier and more restrictive.

Attachments

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
What are your thoughts on power gain? Anything you can notice? Very curious on low end power...any noticeable loss? See so much conflicting info on here and debating 3” vs 2.5” really only concern is potentially losing low end - I do more 0-60 messing around than 1/4 mile, high speed racing
Did you watch the Engineering Explained video? There is no "conflicting information". Its people who know what they are talking about and idiots.... on turbo-charged vehicles, the bigger the better. Full stop. Go zero piping and just run the turbines straight into the cold night air for all I care. Your car doesn't.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Did you watch the Engineering Explained video? There is no "conflicting information". Its people who know what they are talking about and idiots.... on turbo-charged vehicles, the bigger the better. Full stop. Go zero piping and just run the turbines straight into the cold night air for all I care. Your car doesn't.
This right here. Anybody who mentions back pressure on a Turbo Motor, does not know what they are really talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
@Kruppa No noticeable changes in performance for me on the low end, but the boost seems to kick in quicker. I have an NGauge tuner installed, which displays boost and I’ve programmed the LEDs to light up at boost intervals, and they light up a little quicker it seems. No data to support that yet, though.

@Kevin 1456 I’ve attached pics, but I can also do a better job explaining it. You can see in the diagram the stock configuration. My setup eliminated the resonator in the middle and replaces it with an x pipe. The single in, dual out muffler is also called a center/dual by most manufacturers (Magnaflow, Borla, etc), which means there’s one pipe going in, and two exits. The stock ST mufflers are also Center/duals, but much heavier and more restrictive.
i was confused because my ST has dual input and output on the stock muffler under the car. must be a different system for the EU market.

Reactions
That’s interesting, because mine isn’t EU. In fact, the ST isn’t sold over here. I’m retired Air Force, working as a government civilian now. I bought mine through Military Auto Sales, and it came from the states (built in Chicago). If I’m not mistaken, there are still only two STs in Europe. Mine, and JShaffer, who’s on this forum regularly. If there are any others out there, let me know!

Anyhow, I’m really enjoying my ride. It sounds great, has plenty of power, and breaks neck here in Europe because it’s unique. Fun all around,!

Reactions

Any chance you have a pic showing the full run front to back underneath the car? Sounds great! Definitely little more high pitched than other exhausts which is what I think is needed on this application.

Reactions
That’s interesting, because mine isn’t EU. In fact, the ST isn’t sold over here. I’m retired Air Force, working as a government civilian now. I bought mine through Military Auto Sales, and it came from the states (built in Chicago). If I’m not mistaken, there are still only two STs in Europe. Mine, and JShaffer, who’s on this forum regularly. If there are any others out there, let me know!

Anyhow, I’m really enjoying my ride. It sounds great, has plenty of power, and breaks neck here in Europe because it’s unique. Fun all around,!
thats real weird..... wonder why ford would do something like that

Reactions
i was confused because my ST has dual input and output on the stock muffler under the car. must be a different system for the EU market.
The stock mufflers on the ST have a single input to each, with dual tips. They all come that way.

Reactions
The stock mufflers on the ST have a single input to each, with dual tips. They all come that way.
in his OEM picture it shows a Y pipe feeding the first muffler, our ST has two inputs into the first muffler.

Reactions
in his OEM picture it shows a Y pipe feeding the first muffler, our ST has two inputs into the first muffler.
Ahh, you're referring to the resonator. Yeah, that is strange, definitely are dual input, dual output on that.

Reactions
I figured you were referring to the resonator, because they’re dual in dual out. As I said, mine was replaced by an x pipe.