Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Fuel-It Flex Fuel Sensor Part Number?

Reactions
I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Fuel-It module to monitor the ethanol blend on my E85 build, but I'm confused on what flex-fuel sensor to get. I reached out to the company, and didn't get a straight answer on the specific sensor we should get for our platform. Is there any benefit to going "bigger", assuming that they're part numbers numerically indicated size (429 smallest, 394 biggest)?:

All the sensors function the same, the only difference is the size. The 429 is the smallest.

Thank you!
Fuel-It! Orders Team

@theo.remigio - did you work with them directly and able to reference the sensor part number you ordered?

1615905739228.png

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I’m using a standard Continental sensor with a P3 Gauges voltage adapter wired to my P3 vent gauge. Got the sensor and most of the wiring done yesterday...I’ll finish it up this week. AA357BAB-D7E0-401F-83DB-D36A2D76C873.jpeg F2391AFB-C63A-4A55-A969-1EFA12151084.jpeg 56C65641-086F-471A-86AD-82A4AEC6FE4F.jpeg

OP
karson
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Looks great! Looking at your pictures, realize I had a WTF moment last night and this morning - by "size" they're not meaning anything vehicle specific, they're referencing the actual dimensions of the sensor enclosure. Going to be a long day...

OP
karson
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
@UNBROKEN - confirming we've got 5/16" diameter line, right? Trying to figure out what to order from fuel-it, but they're unfamiliar with our platform. Assuming there's enough room for straight fittings, but not sure if I need 3/8" or 5/16" for this to all work. I've highlighted what I'm not sure about needing (clamps, etc...) Any thoughts? If I've got some patience, planning on throwing up a how-to guide.

1615923529339.png

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
We have 3/8 lines. I used 1 straight and 1 90° Fitting and about a foot of hose. You can probably barely make it out in the pic I posted.

OP
karson
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Thanks - I really appreciate your help. I see the setup in your picture a lot better now that I am familiarized with what I'm specifically looking at. Do you have a source you used for the fittings needed (In your pic, is there a push lock adapter attached to a (6/8/10AN?) 90 degree - by the green arrows - or is that all one fitting)? Similar setup on the straight connection shown on the red arrow? - It's a little hidden by your expandable wire sleeve, but I'm using my imagination :geek:

Any leads on what keywords/links to search for, or what to specifically to get would be super helpful. I've looked through Jegs but am at a loss trying to match up what you've got. I thought maybe that Fuel-It would be a one stop shop and I could knock both the pump out and the sensor in one shot fairly easily, but I'll have to a la carte the fuel line.

I've not removed my stock pump to put my XDI one on, so not clear on what specific low pressure side fittings to look for. I'll just pick up some braided 3/8" hose somewhere online.

1615929332126.png

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I always buy my fittings and hose from Fore Innovations. Best in the business IMHO. 60EF4EFA-47A5-4E3D-9DD3-9A72B39D1EE3.jpeg

OP
karson
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Hot damn - thanks! I really didn't want to bug the hell out of you, but was secretly hoping you'd post up your invoice without being annoying. Big thanks again - really.

Reactions
@karson did you ever complete this installation? If so do you mind sharing your parts list you bought? Thanks!