Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Front Camera washer jet

Jamackabi

Reactions
So I've found my first "issue" after only 10 days of ownership. The front facing camera washer jet does not engage whenever I use the windshield washer jets. Am I missing something or not trying something? I can't seem to get it to work at all. Not a big deal, and I will probably just wait for the 7500 mile / 6 month service to mention anything to the dealer as I can live with it for now.

Other than that, I spent a few hours giving it a proper wash yesterday. Man there were A LOT of scratches on it. I hadn't noticed before as when I bought it, it was raining. Thankfully, they all polished out. Downside of owning a black car I guess.

Reactions
Are you sure you have a front camera washer?
Mine only has rear camera washer. Weird because I seen the same st with the exact options come with the front camera washer. I wonder if it popped out of place or something.

Reactions
What year is your ST? It seems like they removed the front washer on the 2021 as I don't have it as well. But there is still the spot for it in the grill.

Reactions
What year is your ST? It seems like they removed the front washer on the 2021 as I don't have it as well. But there is still the spot for it in the grill.
I had both. Same grille no jet on the 2021
Don’t mine not having to clean the hard water spots off the jet.

Reactions
Yea 2021 with no front jet, the one i saw just like mine was a 2020

Reactions
Well, that's a weird thing to delete... lol. I had a '20 and remember it had a sprayer, just went out and looked at my '21, and it's gone... But, you can still tell the space for it is there, just no sprayer... bummer.

Reactions
How do you engage the rear sprayer? Does it do it automatically when you use the rear window washer function?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Damn that sucks. that is one of my favorite features. Guess I am glad I got a '20. Another item Ford 'de-contented' is the front windshield de-icer. What the heck Ford, these are really nice features!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
How do you engage the rear sprayer? Does it do it automatically when you use the rear window washer function?
Yes, it should activate when you push the washer lever forward to wash rear window.

Reactions
Well, that's a weird thing to delete... lol. I had a '20 and remember it had a sprayer, just went out and looked at my '21, and it's gone... But, you can still tell the space for it is there, just no sprayer... bummer.
welp one less step to installing the ic i guess, if we look at it that way lol

JP#ST

Reactions
Thanks for the post. I didn’t even realize my 2020 had this option. I was just complaining a few weeks ago how the rear camera gets so dirty fast in the winter. Now I know how to deal with that.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
These little washers won a lot of points with me with the recent inclement weather, they work really well. This brings up another topic; with the headlights now LED they don't heat up as much as regular bulbs (which tended to reduce ice/snow accumulation when they were turned on). I had some ice accumulation on them after some driving last week. I wish they had the washer jets as well like many euro cars... maybe next year haha. or someone here invent a 'splitter' and tap into the front camera washer :)

DILLWEED

Reactions
Deleting the front camera washer, the passenger seat is now only 8 way power, no roof rack. no front windshield de-ice, no standard cargo area management system... Ford reduced the price on the 2021 but had to make it up somewhere. Nothing is for free. LOL