Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Front blue oval cracks

Max Salvo

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I was cleaning the front emblem and felt little ridges with my cloth. Upon further investigation I noticed these very fine cracks in the colored part of the emblem. This vehicle is basically brand new with less than 500 miles on it. At first I thought it might be something on the emblem but when I pushed in on it a little I could see the paint separating. I had to do this under magnification but I saw it none the less.

Has anyone seen this before or know what may have caused it?

The thought of the front of my new vehicle having to be dismantled to fix this doesn't set too well. If I have to go this route do you think the dealer would allow the black emblem to be installed vs the blue?

Thanks for any feedback.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I will have to check mine now. Not sure what could cause that......Sudden change in temp or dropped while car was being built?

OP
M

Max Salvo

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #3
The cracks show up very well in the pictures but not very well under normal conditions. Look carefully.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
No idea what the cause is but I've seen the cracks on countless Ford ovals over the years.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Maybe someone backed into you in a parking lot and just drove away, that could cause those type of cracks.

Reactions
Mine was like that too. I noticed it a few months into ownership. Ford replaced it under warranty.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Reactions
It's a Ford thing. They either Crack or peal or both. Had the same thing happen to me in my Edge. After the 2nd time the dealer replaced it they told me I was on my own after that. Those suckers are close to $100 cdn for the large oval.

hbalek

Reactions
It's a Ford thing. They either Crack or peal or both. Had the same thing happen to me in my Edge. After the 2nd time the dealer replaced it they told me I was on my own after that. Those suckers are close to $100 cdn for the large oval.
Quite the metaphor isn't it especially being a lifetime Ford fanboy.