Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Forscan iOS

Reactions
I see that Forscan is now available on iOS, has any one used it and if so which adapter do I need? The one linked from Forscan's site is the BT version and $120, which seems pricey for what it does.
I know there are some other cheaper adapters on Amazon but I wasn't sure if they would work with the IOS version.

Thanks,
-Russ

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Just get the recommended OBDLink MX+. it works great and you can still use it with windows. Forscan Lite iOS is called "lite" for a reason....but it makes for a good companion for windows Forscan to conveniently check codes and run serviice procedures.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Last edited:
Reactions
So would the lite version not be able to disable things like the double honk & remove hyper flash when putting in LED turn signals?

That's all I really need it for so seems silly to spend $120 on the adapter just for that.

What about this one:
https://smile.amazon.com/OBDLink-EX-FORScan-OBD-Adapter/dp/B081VQVD3F/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3RS9PMEVQ4IUS&keywords=OBDLink+MX+&qid=1644779726&sprefix=obdlink+mx+,aps,573&sr=8-3
That’s the one you want right there. $50 bucks.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
EX if you want to use it with Windows. It is the most capable. Diagnostics, configuration, complex service procedures, module updates.

MX+ for iOS. Diagnostics and simple service procedures only. MX+ with windows gets you diagnostics, configuration, and service procedures.