Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Forscan fog light as cornering light enabled

arred79

Reactions
So I was playing around with forscan the other day, and I decided to enable the fog lights to be used as cornering lights (I don’t typically run my fogs all the time anyway) for when you turn, which basically uses the respective left or right fog light to illuminate when you use your turn signal and the headlights are on. What I also noticed was that apparently whether or not I use the turn signal, as long as the headlights are on and as soon as I turn the steering wheel to the left or to the right that respect the fog light comes on also, which seems kind of cool, has anyone else done this and noticed the same? Just curious

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I haven't tried any Forscan stuff yet, but my old Benz SLK55 did the same thing. The headlights were LED but not the active ones, so whenever you turned the wheel, or the turn signal, the fog light would light up on that side.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I have this enabled and really like it. Not sure why this isn't turned on by default as a selling feature..

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Would love to see a video of this. But I gotta ask, why not just run the fog lights all the time? If it’s a worry about life expectancy of the light, I would think having them constantly turn on and off would do more long term harm then just leaving them on. I’m by no mean an expert so correct me if I’m wrong. But otherwise, that does sound like a really cool feature. However, I just run with my fog lights on all the time because I appreciate the extra light.

hbalek

Reactions
Would love to see a video of this. But I gotta ask, why not just run the fog lights all the time? If it’s a worry about life expectancy of the light, I would think having them constantly turn on and off would do more long term harm then just leaving them on. I’m by no mean an expert so correct me if I’m wrong. But otherwise, that does sound like a really cool feature. However, I just run with my fog lights on all the time because I appreciate the extra light.
I keep mine on all the time too and love the extra light and how they look too. They're all LED so life expectancy shouldn't be an issue.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I keep mine on all the time too and love the extra light and how they look too. They're all LED so life expectancy shouldn't be an issue.
Right. That’s why I just leave mine on all the time.

Reactions
This was one of my first changes in Forscan. I like it. Not even sure how I discovered it, but it’s worthwhile.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yes you can. The difference is that you don't need to remember to turn on anything for the active cornering feature once enabled. Turns on applicable fog light with turn signal and when turning.

Also you may want to enable fogs with high beams while you are at it.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yes you can. The difference is that you don't need to remember to turn on anything for the active cornering feature once enabled. Turns on applicable fog light with turn signal and when turning.

Also you may want to enable fogs with high beams while you are at it.
Oh so if you turn off fog lights, than it just defaults to the cornering feature? And then if you turn them on, they just stay on? That’s kinda nice actually.

yeah I really want to do the Bambi mode. Just need to buy the adapter. I’m also scared of screwing something up.

Reactions
It is a cool feature but honestly leaving them on all the time would be better IMO since our low beams are just decent. Plus our fogs doesn't really blind anyone and are LED so leaving them on isn't an issue.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Oh so if you turn off fog lights, than it just defaults to the cornering feature? And then if you turn them on, they just stay on? That’s kinda nice actually.

yeah I really want to do the Bambi mode. Just need to buy the adapter. I’m also scared of screwing something up.
Yes, that is correct. Watch some Forscan videos on youtube, it is really very easy to adjust these features. If you stick with these few simple changes, you won't mess anything up. I take screen shots with my phone / log any changes and save the original config before starting so I can revert back for whatever reason. You can change around the DRLs and all kinds of neat things.

Reactions
For this.....do the fog lights turn on around higher speed soft corners or is it just intersections? Not sure i want them on everytime i turn the wheel a few degrees

Reactions
I don't know what I did to do this... but mine work in reverse haha... i leave my fogs on all the time because I love the look of all the lights lit up..

and now.. when I use my turn signal.. the foglight on that respective side turns off completely.. it's kind of funky but I've grown to love it.

I'll run out and take a video of it! It doesnt do it when turning the wheel... only when I use a blinker.

Attaching a video in a few minutes

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
For this.....do the fog lights turn on around higher speed soft corners or is it just intersections? Not sure i want them on everytime i turn the wheel a few degrees
whenever you turn the wheel a bit and lights are on.

Reactions
I've tried .MOV and .MP4 and its not letting me upload the video. What's the catch?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I've tried .MOV and .MP4 and its not letting me upload the video. What's the catch?
Do you have google photos? Just upload a link to the video.

Reactions
Last edited:
Reactions
You can upload to YouTube and share the link here

Reactions
You can upload to YouTube and share the link here
Does the link I posted a few posts ago work?? I went the google photo route.. at least I know how to upload videos now!

And don't mind the WNY salt... kind of makes the blackout look badass lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Does the link I posted a few posts ago work?? I went the google photo route.. at least I know how to upload videos now!

And don't mind the WNY salt... kind of makes the blackout look badass lol
Yup