Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford web Dashboard vs onboard settings

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST 401A Pkg White Met Tri-Coat
Hi gang.

Is anyone showing if they log into their web Ford Dashboard that it reports Connectivity is not enabled even though it says it is in the vehicle settings?
I restarted the modem and it was ok yesterday. Today, same thing. Web shows not enabled.
I even installed the latest TCU and IPMA firmware.

Any help appreciated. :)

OP
bhunted1
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #2
nobody????

hbalek

Reactions
My automatic updates have turned off twice in the past few weeks and I've turned it back on. Also, my Sirius XM a couple times was switched to AM radio after cold start in the morning. Weird glitches al the time with Sync.

OP
bhunted1
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
My app and the truck show fine. It's the web Dashboard that shows connectivity is not on. But in the truck, its fine. Weird...

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Silver Spruce Explorer ST
Is this what you are referring to as "connectivity?"
1682036208795.png
If so, that is what shows on my dashboard, too, yet web updates are enabled, and working fine, on my truck.

OP
bhunted1
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
Yep! Thats it. I got it working once by rebooting the modem in the truck. Was only temporary.
As long as everything is working in the truck. Just hoping it won’t affect ota updates . Still not sure when maps will update. Shows .2 21…. Mines a 2023 so think Ford owes us some updated maps.
My 2021 F150 had more up to date maps. That truck was a nightmare with ota stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
Yep! Thats it. I got it working once by rebooting the modem in the truck. Was only temporary.
As long as everything is working in the truck. Just hoping it won’t affect ota updates . Still not sure when maps will update. Shows .2 21…. Mines a 2023 so think Ford owes us some updated maps.
My 2021 F150 had more up to date maps. That truck was a nightmare with ota stuff.
It's shown "disabled" on the Ford website for as long as I can remember, but every update has downloaded and completed exactly as expected.

FWIW, I did mention this to my Ford SA at one time, to which I received the very-expected reply of, "huh?"

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
The Ford website dashboard continues to say there are updates available even if you have updated your vehicle. I talked to Customer Service rep at Ford that confirmed the website has not been working correctly for some time and probably won't be fixed anytime soon. Blows my mind that a company as big as Ford cannot keep a customer web portal updated :unsure:

I updated my software and maps about a month ago and no change on the website. Still showing I have updates.

OP
bhunted1
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
The Ford website dashboard continues to say there are updates available even if you have updated your vehicle. I talked to Customer Service rep at Ford that confirmed the website has not been working correctly for some time and probably won't be fixed anytime soon. Blows my mind that a company as big as Ford cannot keep a customer web portal updated :unsure:

I updated my software and maps about a month ago and no change on the website. Still showing I have updates.
How do you update the maps? Site says go to the map site, input a vin number. Says they have nothing for our vehicles. What map version you have?

hbalek

Reactions
My dashboard says sync is up to date.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
How do you update the maps? Site says go to the map site, input a vin number. Says they have nothing for our vehicles. What map version you have?
Not sure what version I'll have to check. I updated the Sync software via file download to USB then to ST. After Sync was up to date I entered VIN on the map site and did the same thing with maps (downloaded file to USB then upload to ST).
The dashboard still says I have Sync updates available (which I don't) and a recall that has already been done still shows as needed (along with the blue screen recall which I politely declined). Dashboard is useless.
The Map site doesn't show me any updates as my only option right now is to purchase a USB device with the updates installed and in small print explains that it is the same version that I have already previously downloaded. So I'm assuming no new updates in the last month which makes sense.

Looks like you have a 23 so you may already have the current version

OP
bhunted1
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Not sure what version I'll have to check. I updated the Sync software via file download to USB then to ST. After Sync was up to date I entered VIN on the map site and did the same thing with maps (downloaded file to USB then upload to ST).
The dashboard still says I have Sync updates available (which I don't) and a recall that has already been done still shows as needed (along with the blue screen recall which I politely declined). Dashboard is useless.
The Map site doesn't show me any updates as my only option right now is to purchase a USB device with the updates installed and in small print explains that it is the same version that I have already previously downloaded. So I'm assuming no new updates in the last month which makes sense.

Looks like you have a 23 so you may already have the current version
Possibly... Do you have a link to that map site you downloaded to?
Also maybe what link to dl usb updates.
Either my online dashboard is on drugs or Ford still is. I've been doing this stuff for nearly 5 years on several different vehicles. This one has drove me nuts.

BTW, every time I change something especially software wise, I take a snapshot with my phone of the About screen. Easier to track things. Just an FYI... :D

hbalek

Reactions
I have a new annoying problem. A few times this week, after starting up first thing in the morning, the audio system is either off or switched to AM radio which I never use, instead of SiriusXM. Also a few times the preset pages are defaulting to 2 instead of my preference, which is 4 pages of Preset channels. The total available are 5 but I prefer 4 for faster loading of the logos. Another annoying thing has been the automatic software updates and wifi turning off over and over this past month. There is either another Sync updagte on the horizon to fix glitches or my battery is about to crap out again at just under 2 years old. My first battery lasted about 17K miles or 18 months.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
Is this what you are referring to as "connectivity?"
View attachment 17545
If so, that is what shows on my dashboard, too, yet web updates are enabled, and working fine, on my truck.
Interestingly, I just noticed that it looks like Ford has completely removed the "Software Updates" panel from my dashboard. I suppose that is their solution to the issue.

Reactions
I have a new annoying problem. A few times this week, after starting up first thing in the morning, the audio system is either off or switched to AM radio which I never use, instead of SiriusXM. Also a few times the preset pages are defaulting to 2 instead of my preference, which is 4 pages of Preset channels. The total available are 5 but I prefer 4 for faster loading of the logos. Another annoying thing has been the automatic software updates and wifi turning off over and over this past month. There is either another Sync updagte on the horizon to fix glitches or my battery is about to crap out again at just under 2 years old. My first battery lasted about 17K miles or 18 months.
Same exact thing just started with mine. Also not connecting to Carplay and my phone is connected with usb. At times when it does play, the screen is completely different. Today the damn thing shut off so we were driving with whatever radio station it was playing. After I hit on/off multiple times is turned on. I don't really care for XM, called to cancel and they dropped the price down to $5 to keep. I prefer Spotify. Hoping a software update is in the works to fix all the glitches.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Same exact thing just started with mine. Also not connecting to Carplay and my phone is connected with usb. At times when it does play, the screen is completely different. Today the damn thing shut off so we were driving with whatever radio station it was playing. After I hit on/off multiple times is turned on. I don't really care for XM, called to cancel and they dropped the price down to $5 to keep. I prefer Spotify. Hoping a software update is in the works to fix all the glitches.
Have you updated SYNC software to 23188 that Ford released recently?

Reactions
Dale, I have not. Working on it now. I tried updating via wifi but it said I have the latest version. Going to use USB this time, fingers crossed

Edit: USB was great and fast vs wifi. Changed XM to 5 and it seems to have kept it. I'll know later when we go out for dinner.

Last edited:

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Dale, I have not. Working on it now. I tried updating via wifi but it said I have the latest version. Going to use USB this time, fingers crossed

Edit: USB was great and fast vs wifi. Changed XM to 5 and it seems to have kept it. I'll know later when we go out for dinner.
Pretty sure that will fix it. Don't forget to upload the xml file that was created on the flash drive to Ford so they show the correct version that you are on.

hbalek

Reactions
Pretty sure that will fix it. Don't forget to upload the xml file that was created on the flash drive to Ford so they show the correct version that you are on.
It fixed my problems as of last weekend. I downloaded and installed it within an hour on USB drive. Floxx you're lucky you didn't have to live with it as long as I did. I was annoyed by this for almost 5 months.

Reactions
It fixed my problems as of last weekend. I downloaded and installed it within an hour on USB drive. Floxx you're lucky you didn't have to live with it as long as I did. I was annoyed by this for almost 5 months.
It's my wife's daily driver until her Bronco Sport gets delivered this month, she's the one dealing with it on a daily. I drive it on the weekends, and it "was" a huge pain.

Yes Dale, I upload all 3 files to the USB