Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford third row floor liner?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
So, our ST came with the Ford floor liners. I normally am a Husky Liner guy in my trucks, but pleasantly suprised by how well these fit and cover. I ordered the third row ones online from Ford using some points as they had 15% off and free shipping. Well the ones stated for third row with 2nd row buckets do not cover the area between the buckets. Is this normal? The ones on their site that say for third row with 2nd row bench look to have a longer section in the middle?

1682811417724.png

1682811459819.png

Does Ford possibly have this incorrect on their site?

Appreciate any feedback that anyone can provide.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
The 20 and 21's had a console between the second row buckets, that's why the floor liner doesn't cover the gap between the seats. It was designed to go just up to the console, that is what it does in mine.

OP
ib_jigged
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
So for the '22 and '23's we don't get the option to have the floor covered? Crazy, because most will want to go from the second row to the third between the seats. If that is the case, I will send it back and go with something else.

Jsterz23

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
So, our ST came with the Ford floor liners. I normally am a Husky Liner guy in my trucks, but pleasantly suprised by how well these fit and cover. I ordered the third row ones online from Ford using some points as they had 15% off and free shipping. Well the ones stated for third row with 2nd row buckets do not cover the area between the buckets. Is this normal? The ones on their site that say for third row with 2nd row bench look to have a longer section in the middle?

View attachment 17673

View attachment 17674

Hey so I ordered the husky third row mat from Amazon. It covers the whole area between the seats. Hope this helps

Husky Liners Weatherbeater | Fits 2022 Ford Explorer, 3rd Seat Floor Liner - Black | 14441 https://a.co/d/6mw2wQM

Jsterz23

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST

View attachment 17673

View attachment 17674

It actually fits perfect, I forgot to add that :)

OP
ib_jigged
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
That is what I was thinking, but that is the same part number that shows on the screen shot above that I posted that said it was for 3rd row with bench seats? Even with the center portion of that one being as long as the side ones, it would still be about 10-12" short to reach the second row. Looks like aftermarket it will be.

OP
ib_jigged
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
Hey so I ordered the husky third row mat from Amazon. It covers the whole area between the seats. Hope this helps

Husky Liners Weatherbeater | Fits 2022 Ford Explorer, 3rd Seat Floor Liner - Black | 14441 https://a.co/d/6mw2wQM
Are you using this with the Ford liners in the second row and if so, they match up well, no gaps? We live in northern Minnesota and winter conditions here can be sloppy and it's nice to keep the carpet from getting salt and crud off.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
That is what I was thinking, but that is the same part number that shows on the screen shot above that I posted that said it was for 3rd row with bench seats? Even with the center portion of that one being as long as the side ones, it would still be about 10-12" short to reach the second row. Looks like aftermarket it will be.
Doesn't make sense. It even says for the one with out console. Weathertech might be the way to go. They make a good product.

Jsterz23

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
I’ll take a picture and post it so you guys can see because it’s had to explain. Give me a minute.

Jsterz23

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
Are you using this with the Ford liners in the second row and if so, they match up well, no gaps? We live in northern Minnesota and winter conditions here can be sloppy and it's nice to keep the carpet from getting salt and crud off.
Ok here are a few pictures.

Attachments

Jsterz23

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
It fits and covers the center and back great! I have kids so I needed this piece asap.

Jsterz23

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
Thank you! Looks like a winner!
You’re welcome. Happy I could help! I wasn’t convinced because the picture online made it look shorter, but I puller the trigger, bought it and was super happy when it came in and it was exactly what I was looking for. Saved me a giant headache :)

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor

View attachment 17673

View attachment 17674

Sadly that is correct. I don't know why it didn't come all the way down.

Jsterz23

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
Sadly that is correct. I don't know why it didn't come all the way down.
Did you check out the pictures I posted of the one I ordered and now have in my ST?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Did you check out the pictures I posted of the one I ordered and now have in my ST?
You said those were husky, not Ford Accesories.

Jsterz23

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
You said those were husky, not Ford Accesories.
Correct. I posted a link to them some where in this discussion.