Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford racing explorer ST wheel specs?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I have read the article on the Explorer ST build for the Ford Racing School using the 21" SV503 wheels. They use the 315/30ZR/21. Does anyone know if there is a specific offset or wheel spacer size used with that wheel/tire setup? I would think not, since it's built for the race track, but I don't know...I'm wondering how much room there is left inside between chassis/frame and tire and also edge of fender. Also wondering if that car deals with rubbing issues and limited steering turns, if there is any? That wheel size seems to be above what a lot of people are calling 305 being the widest you can run. I would love to have that ford racing setup with my H&R lowering springs. My goal is to fill the wheel well full of the widest sticky rubber possible, without rubbing and turning issues. How did Ford do it with their racing school build???

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Who says 305 is the widest you can run?
On 10.5” wheels with +30 offset you can run 315’s square with no rubbing anywhere. Wheel diameter won’t change what width will fit…at least up to a 22.

OP
Midnight
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
On 10.5” wheels with +30 offset you can run 315’s square with no rubbing anywhere. Wheel diameter won’t change what width will fit…at least up to a 22.
Just saying what some folks are saying and I have not seen or read about anyone using 315's yet other than the racing school build. I'm a noob just trying to learn. I don't know "who" they are. These forums are full of people who "know it all"...the last person I spoke with told me "you can run UP TO 305's"...After reading the post on the racing school build, It made me think there has to be something else with the setup. So what sort of offset would you recommend for the 315's?? Or could you direct me to a post that talks about someone using 315's???

OP
Midnight
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Are their any posts or somone you can direct me to using 22's with the width & diameter of the 315/30/21.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I ran 315’s square way before Ford did their toy racecar build…on the wheel specs I already posted. They fit with no rubbing or I wouldn’t say they do. Pics in my build log here somehwere.