Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Performance Racing School

Reactions
Your wife will like it are y’all doing the nc one right

Reactions
Drive up I. The mountains and she will love the blitmore tour.

Reactions
For those of you that have gone, who did you take?

The letter says you and a guest.

My wife is not a “car-girl”. Does Ford plan for the guest to have the same amount of time to drive during track time?

I’m trying to decide if I should take my wife, or a buddy...
You're best best is to take no one and hope they supply you with a "performance" show girl for the journey...

I may even sign up and make the 14hr drive if they accommodate you... DO LET ME KNOW!!

Cheers,

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
How do you sign up and does it cost much?

Reactions
If u bought your st new it’s free and to sign up look at your window sticker. The web address is on there. I think it’s suv experience.combit 100% sure

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Didn’t k ow that was a think. Our purchase experience was prettty minimalistic with no explanation of features especially the experience. Def looking into it.

Reactions
Looked like fun except that I would have to pay to travel one way by air either 3000 miles or 5000 miles. Oh, well.:cool:

hbalek

Reactions
Looked like fun except that I would have to pay to travel one way by air either 3000 miles or 5000 miles. Oh, well.:cool:
Back in January I registered for Park City 7/1-7/2 but never booked the flight and additional nights at hotel after COVID started. I'm not comfortable with the idea of flying across country right now and being in crowded airports and hotels. So I'm looking at canceling and registering for later this summer or fall hopefully. Apparently, Ford still charges a $150 fee for rescheduling.

Reactions
Back in January I registered for Park City 7/1-7/2 but never booked the flight and additional nights at hotel after COVID started. I'm not comfortable with the idea of flying across country right now and being in crowded airports and hotels. So I'm looking at canceling and registering for later this summer or fall hopefully. Apparently, Ford still charges a $150 fee for rescheduling.
I considered Park City as my step brother used to live there but is now down in Salt Lake. really nice area once I got used to the altitude. I have been to Asheville area a number of times also in the past when in-laws lived near Charlotte. But I am no longer a fan of the time and cost or these distances, especially for a one day event. It would be nice if Ford had a lot more places around the country to have the experience.

hbalek

Reactions
I considered Park City as my step brother used to live there but is now down in Salt Lake. really nice area once I got used to the altitude. I have been to Asheville area a number of times also in the past when in-laws lived near Charlotte. But I am no longer a fan of the time and cost or these distances, especially for a one day event. It would be nice if Ford had a lot more places around the country to have the experience.
Airfare, hotels and meals I'm looking at about $1500-$2000 for a 5 day trip. I'm sure it would have been fun but I'm reluctant to commit at the moment especially if the event has been scaled back. The first night reception/dinner is temporarily suspended.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
We were booked for Asheville in May and cancelled when the pandemic started. There was no cancellation charge then, and the hotel refunded our second night with no problem. We're going to re-book again for the fall. We're lucky in that we live only 100 miles from there.

Reactions
I did mine In Asheville. They just open it back up that week. I was in their 2 class of the school. We drove since it was only 4 hours away.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I did mine In Asheville. They just open it back up that week. I was in their 2 class of the school. We drove since it was only 4 hours away.
Glad to hear someone went to the Asheville NC one.

Was everything open (restaurants, bars)? Would you say the town was crowded? How was the accommodations in the Biltmore? I'm on the fence about bring my family or not.

Reactions
Mask everywhere. We just stayed one night. But the hotel was nice and the food was great. Might have changed they was just opening stuff back up when I went

KegsBdry

Reactions
Mask everywhere. We just stayed one night. But the hotel was nice and the food was great. Might have changed they was just opening stuff back up when I went
Glad to hear that. We booked an extra night on either end to take more time in town. Thanks for the info.

Reactions
Got to the mountains in pigeon forge it’s like 2 hours away.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Got to the mountains in pigeon forge it’s like 2 hours away.
Looks amazing, but it adds 2 hrs to our drive. But it's on my WANTS TO VISIT ONE DAY list. But that place is more my speed.