Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Pass Points

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Has anyone used these for something other than service? I just noticed that they expire in a year. Due to Covid, they extended my expiration until April 2021. But due to this Covid business, I rather just do oil changes myself. Has anyone bought accessories or parts like oil filter, air filters, cabin filters and used Ford Pass points?

Last edited:

hbalek

Reactions
Has anyone used these for something other than service? I just noted that they expire in a year. Due to Covid, they extended my expiration until April 2021. But due to this Covid business, I rather just do oil changes myself. Has anyone bought accessories or parts like oil filter, air filters, cabin filters and used Ford Pass points?
42000 points are valued at $210 or 3 service visits. My service department ordered me air filters for both cabin and engine and wiper blades for about $170 or 34000 points and I still have about $40 left.

Blackssr

Reactions
Has anyone used these for something other than service? I just noticed that they expire in a year. Due to Covid, they extended my expiration until April 2021. But due to this Covid business, I rather just do oil changes myself. Has anyone bought accessories or parts like oil filter, air filters, cabin filters and used Ford Pass points?
I had no idea that the reward points expire. If you use them on an oil change does it prolong the expiration date or reset the year? It's odd that they would give them to you and make them expire in a year. That makes little sense to me.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I had no idea that the reward points expire. If you use them on an oil change does it prolong the expiration date or reset the year? It's odd that they would give them to you and make them expire in a year. That makes little sense to me.
I think if there's inactivity on the account, no points used or added, you lose the points. I'm using mine towards a transmission flush on my truck.

Blackssr

Reactions
I think if there's inactivity on the account, no points used or added, you lose the points. I'm using mine towards a transmission flush on my truck.
That makes more sense to me. If you get the oil change every nine months or so the $42000 points awarded would last close to 3 years. Al Packer Ford in West Palm charges $39.99 for an oil change or $49.99 including tire rotation. I believe it is synthetic blend versus pure Mobile One. Seems more than fair and reasonable. Just having the tires rotated is a pleasure not having to do it by hand. I pay $90 for my Hellcat and Trackhawk to have the oil changed with Mobile One at a local shop near our home. They give complimentary tire rotation and refill on all fluids.