Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Pass not always connecting

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
About a week or so ago my 23ST all of a sudden refuses to talk back to me on my FordPass app. I have a habit of just looking for its location. Make sure nobody stole it off the city street.
Also tried the auto start and even that doesn’t work. Seems like the icons just keep spinning away and finally time out.
I’ve deleted my ST off the FordPass app and re-added it three different times it’ll work for a few days and then will stop again.
Any ideas?

hbalek

Reactions
About a week or so ago my 23ST all of a sudden refuses to talk back to me on my FordPass app. I have a habit of just looking for its location. Make sure nobody stole it off the city street.
Also tried the auto start and even that doesn’t work. Seems like the icons just keep spinning away and finally time out.
I’ve deleted my ST off the FordPass app and re-added it three different times it’ll work for a few days and then will stop again.
Any ideas?
MIne hasn't worked in over 2 months. It's part of the many problems caused by the Sync version 22251 running out of memory and resetting your Sync on every startup. There is a lot of discussion on the Sync section of this forum and on the Explorer forum too. Ford has no software fix so a master reset and soft reset and/or replacing the APIM module are the fixes for now. Sad that more and more people are having problems and Ford isn't coming up with a solution. If you're under warranty then you shouldn't have to worry. But those who don't have warranty have had to pay up to $1000 to repair out of pocket.

OP
Greywolf
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #3
Thank you much!. I guess in a way I consider myself lucky. I’ve got a 10 year warranty.
I’ve also done a master reset, but as I said, was for a few days, and then back to where we start

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Ha.. another fellow from the same boat.

Me on a phone with my original dealer for first 6 months service..
Me: Ford pass not working.​
Ford Service Manager : We don't deal with ford pass.​
Me: I think its because of the SYNC issue​
FSM : If you want to waste your time coming here, you are welcome to. But we will not be able to help with ford pass.​
Me (Thinking) : Didn't the app says "Ford" Pass.​

Fast forward to the service day...
FSM : We have done a hard reset and your software is up to date. See if ford pass is working.​
Me (checking) : it is working now, but will it stop working again?​
FSM : :unsure: who are you again?​
Few hours later.....
Ford Pass : :devilish: back to his evil ways.​
(half map, no ford pass, radio stations gone, theme to auto, accept terms, etc, etc, etc...)​

Ever Since....
I drive without looking into the info screen or Ford Pass..​
Less I think about it, the better..

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Some time ago I was having a problem with Ford Pass. I uninstalled it from my phone and reinstalled it. Been working ever since.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Bought my 2020 explorer ST in April and my ford pass worked with no issues. Now for the last month it work last for 3 days after a reset then fails to connect again.

Going to try to pull the fuse and do a hard reset and see if it stays working. If not, may be time to stop at the dealership

hbalek

Reactions
This time it's not a FordPass app or server issue. It's a Sync software flaw which causes many settings to default including the FordPass. Until they fix Sync, the FordPass will not consistently work. I tried several times and finally gave up back on May 20. I did several soft, hard master and FordPass resets. Now it's so bad there's not enough memory to do anything other than a soft reset. Those without issues will be rare pretty soon. It's a matter of time when you're RWData folder will fill up and not empty causing you to lose all settings and preferences including wifi, FordPass, Nav and radio favorites and presets. I have to also add that from my experience, the issues began as intermittent and progressively got worse and permanent. More recently, I intermittently get a black screen, frozen screen or no audio or won't turn radio on. A soft reset solves this but this is the newest thing. This is in addition to the previously mentioned problems.

Last edited:
Reactions
Yep, same here, it started out as not holding the dark setting and its just snowballed into all sorts of other stuff. Ridiculous that Ford cant get this figured out. I'm glad im not alone though, I guess the more of us it happens to the more likely it is something will get done.

hbalek

Reactions
Yep, same here, it started out as not holding the dark setting and its just snowballed into all sorts of other stuff. Ridiculous that Ford cant get this figured out. I'm glad im not alone though, I guess the more of us it happens to the more likely it is something will get done.
I've mentioned it to my dealer but haven't actually called Ford. Maybe we should all call and complain.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I've mentioned it to my dealer but haven't actually called Ford. Maybe we should all call and complain.
I called last week. They know about the problem but the fixing is not coming soon.

Ford should just push the old Version out first to get the system back working.

hbalek

Reactions
I called last week. They know about the problem but the fixing is not coming soon.

Ford should just push the old Version out first to get the system back working.
That would be too much like right!

KegsBdry

Reactions
That would be too much like right!
I doubt the current Sync version has enough memory to push down the former version.

Reactions
Vehicle
20' Explorer ST
I had my modem replaced when I wasn't able to get the car to communicate with the app.

OP
Greywolf
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #15
MIne hasn't worked in over 2 months. It's part of the many problems caused by the Sync version 22251 running out of memory and resetting your Sync on every startup. There is a lot of discussion on the Sync section of this forum and on the Explorer forum too. Ford has no software fix so a master reset and soft reset and/or replacing the APIM module are the fixes for now. Sad that more and more people are having problems and Ford isn't coming up with a solution. If you're under warranty then you shouldn't have to worry. But those who don't have warranty have had to pay up to $1000 to repair out of pocket.
I finally got up off my ass after losing my sanity and reinstalled 222000. Problem solved. 22251 is an absolute cluster **** of a program.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I finally got up off my ass after losing my sanity and reinstalled 222000. Problem solved. 22251 is an absolute cluster **** of a program.
Does your 22200 work for the map in locating your vehicle? I ended up upgrading to 23188. Everything works with the Ford Pass app but the location of the vehicle on the map.

OP
Greywolf
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #17
Yes it does. That was one of the features I use most and was not working anymore. Now I’m wondering even if I’m going to upgrade to the next version since you’re having that issue.
I assume that you upgraded to the next version through cynlab

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Make sure you master reset after changing versions.

Reactions
Well..... I too had the same issue and it was my modem. They had to replace it under warranty. Unfortunately that sync 3 has been nothing but a huge problem for me to the point that I am in the process with ford buying back my Explorer. I looked back at all of my visits to ford and I've been having problems since 6 months after buying it back in 2021.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

hbalek

Reactions
Well..... I too had the same issue and it was my modem. They had to replace it under warranty. Unfortunately that sync 3 has been nothing but a huge problem for me to the point that I am in the process with ford buying back my Explorer. I looked back at all of my visits to ford and I've been having problems since 6 months after buying it back in 2021.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Update 23188 over the weekend solved my FordPass problems too! I went 3 months of not connecting and then intermittently until this update.