Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Hotspot

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Did you have a good experience with AT&T hotspot through a Ford vehicle? I decided to give the trial a go and then purchased a 1 year prepaid for the hell of it. To my surprise, I couldn’t even update Ford Sync because Sync doesn’t recognize it as a possible wifi source. Go figure.

Speedtest.com showed a steady 9mbps down and 4mbps up. My 5G is easily over 150mbps. Anyone have automation gadget ideas?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Curious how much was a year prepaid subscription?

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Curious how much was a year prepaid subscription?
$200 inclusive of taxes

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
How much data does that include?
“Unlimited” data apparently. But of course AT&T unlimited actually means 22GB cap before they slow you down through next billing cycle.

Reactions
I did a one month test and realized in the first 3 minutes that the speeds for the Ford hotspot was slower than Christmas, so I didn't continue it. I just use the personal hotspot on my phone to link my laptop and its much faster

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I did a one month test and realized in the first 3 minutes that the speeds for the Ford hotspot was slower than Christmas, so I didn't continue it. I just use the personal hotspot on my phone to link my laptop and its much faster
Yeah that’s why I wouldn’t bother with the built in hotspot. It’s cool in theory but with most cell phone plans including hotspot, might as well just use that.