Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST vs Dodge Durango SRT Drag Race

Reactions
I compared all of them and you can tell the difference in each one but the E50 my gosh is sick. I’m going to put in the new high pressure fuel pump so I can run E85 all the time. Suppose to run at 3500 lbs.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I downloaded the E85 app and just put in the numbers. It says 18 gal tank should get 8 gallons Of E85 and 10gallons of 93.
Nice. How do you know exactly what is remaining in your tank before you do the mixture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I compared all of them and you can tell the difference in each one but the E50 my gosh is sick. I’m going to put in the new high pressure fuel pump so I can run E85 all the time. Suppose to run at 3500 lbs.
Cool. Will the E85 perform like the E50?

LokiWolf

Reactions
Cool. Will the E85 perform like the E50?

In theory better, but you need an aftermarket Pump to run full E85 at full potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I just downloaded the mixture app. Here is a screenshot of it. How do you get the “Gas Ethanol Content” number? Does it say on the pump?

LokiWolf

Reactions
I just downloaded the mixture app. Here is a screenshot of it. How do you get the “Gas Ethanol Content” number? Does it say on the pump?

In VA it is 10...for most Pumps. Most of the time it will say on the Pump, but sometimes it will be a range(5-15). You can test it, but it has always been 10 at the 2 Stations I use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
I've seen the video of the 5 Star tune and am very intrigued....

Does anyone have knowledge/experience on if that voids the warranty and how they can tell? Someone mentioned them seeing "key turns" earlier in this thread but I didn't see what that meant.

Reactions
I wait until I get to a quarter of a tank before I refill

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I wait until I get to a quarter of a tank before I refill
Cool, thanks. So 1/4 of a tank means you still have 18 gallons until full correct? So if I wanted to minimize the weight for the track, I would just set that number to a lesser amount I guess.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Cool, thanks. So 1/4 of a tank means you still have 18 gallons until full correct? So if I wanted to minimize the weight for the track, I would just set that number to a lesser amount I guess.

Correct!

Reactions
My guy at the dealership said wait until it gets to 1/4 of a tank then plug in the numbers and it should give you the mix. In my case it’s always 8 E85 and 10-91/93

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
My guy at the dealership said wait until it gets to 1/4 of a tank then plug in the numbers and it should give you the mix. In my case it’s always 8 E85 and 10-91/93
Good info. I’m impressed that your dealer doesn’t care about the mods.

Reactions
In VA it is 10...for most Pumps. Most of the time it will say on the Pump, but sometimes it will be a range(5-15). You can test it, but it has always been 10 at the 2 Stations I use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
My Chevron says minimum E75. So I assume it’s E85. I also put it at E75 and it says add one additional gallon on the app.

LokiWolf

Reactions
My Chevron says minimum E75. So I assume it’s E85. I also put it at E75 and it says add one additional gallon on the app.

What app are you using and did you actually test the E85?

Most Gas(87/93) contains a percentage of Ethanol. In VA that is 10% or E10. I also test my stations E85/Flexfuel every couple of fill-ups. It is currently running at actually E85, but I have seen it as low as E70.

In the mixing app you need to factor the 93 Ethanol content in.

Reactions
What app are you using and did you actually test the E85?

Most Gas(87/93) contains a percentage of Ethanol. In VA that is 10% or E10. I also test my stations E85/Flexfuel every couple of fill-ups. It is currently running at actually E85, but I have seen it as low as E70.

In the mixing app you need to factor the 93 Ethanol content in.

No I have not checked it. I’m using the E85 App it shows you where all the locations are in your area. You are correct. My Chevron has minimum of 10% but the so has room to plug that in. My Chevron says minimum is 75. So I’m just talking their word for it.

LokiWolf

Reactions

This is the app I use and it does a good job. If you are using a ZFG E50 tune, it will handle E40-E60 with no issues.

If you can test, I highly recommend it. My Stations said it can be as low as E51, but it has never been close.