Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Flasher Module

Ryno12

EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I’ve been looking high & low for a plug-in headlight/taillight flasher module for this gen Explorer and it doesn’t appear anyone makes one.
I am aware that there’s companies that can install them but I’m specifically looking for something plug & play like a Speed Turtle.

Anyone know why there’s nothing on the market for our Explorers? If there is, I’m all ears.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
What is your goal? Most reasons I know a flasher module are for custom flashing patterns and to add compatibility with LED bulbs, both of which should be done without a flasher module, but via ForScan.

(I know you can disable hyper-flash / bulb error with ForScan, but I’m only assuming companies that outfit Interceptors use some form of ForScan if not a dedicated module)

If there was an actual flasher module, it’d would be integrated into the BCM / IP I’d imagine.

OP
R

Ryno12

EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
What is your goal? Most reasons I know a flasher module are for custom flashing patterns and to add compatibility with LED bulbs, both of which should be done without a flasher module, but via ForScan.

(I know you can disable hyper-flash / bulb error with ForScan, but I’m only assuming companies that outfit Interceptors use some form of ForScan if not a dedicated module)

If there was an actual flasher module, it’d would be integrated into the BCM / IP I’d imagine.
My goal is a plug & play solution to flash the DRLs, taillights, marker lights, etc with the push of a button. I’m an EMT & we respond to emergencies with our personal vehicles.

There’s a few companies that offer these modules like Speed Turtle, Z-Flash, etc. and they support most current vehicles, except for Ford. They can plug into the ODBII or directly into the BCM.
Fords are offered only up to about 2019. I’m curious if anyone knows why this is.
I don’t think this is anything I can easily accomplish via Forscan. At least not with the push of a button.

I have it in my truck & I can turn them on via double push if my hazard switch. Single push is standard flashers.

I can’t post a video but here’s a link to what I’m trying to do.