Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

First Snow Experience

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I think the Explorer is great in the snow. I have 18" rims with Michelin X-Ice but last year, did not get around to it, and ran the stock Pirelli's and it was passable.

swoloschek

Reactions
My ST came with Pirelli Scorpions.. The Michelin AS4 is superior in every category;' quieter, smoother, more grip in wet/snow

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My ST came with Pirelli Scorpions.. The Michelin AS4 is superior in every category;' quieter, smoother, more grip in wet/snow
You sure that's not because they are new? Ive had Michelin Pilot A/S over the years and they are not great in snow once they have some miles on them. I have AS4 now too but they are strictly 3 season for me.

Reactions
I have the Scorpions now and was OK on some old ice but didn't get real snow. Will look at the AS4s for replacement!

Thanks!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions
It was not because they were new. The Scorpions stunk from day one and I replaced them at 22k miles..

Reactions
Vehicle
20' Explorer ST
Upcoming winter will be my first with the ST. Planning on grabbin 18" Interceptor wheels paired with a dedicated snow tire. Keeping my 21s for summer use only. Do people just drive it in normal mode if it's snowing but not sticking? Or just have to experiment with the modes*