Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FenFabrication Downpipes For Sale

Reactions
Hey guys the fabrication shop that did my custom exhaust is offering catted or catless downpipes for sale. Price, material and quality are all solid. Check it out if you’re in the market. I make zero money from this, just sharing to promote a place that does good work and happy to see us getting more options.

https://fenfabrication.com/parts/fenfabrication-2020-ford-explorer-performance-downpipes

92788A73-3D8B-4A46-A9E9-58CD48C3435B.jpeg C97F619A-1C2B-4AA5-A05E-97FA521F64CC.jpeg 4D051A34-8005-4E21-9991-6504B6E370E3.jpeg

F=MA

Reactions
Snagged a catted set. Now on to the 3" custom exhaust. If anyone is looking to purchase a low mile mint Borla S-Type exhaust set with black chrome tips pm me. It will take some time to get the custom exhaust but I thought I would give folks the heads up of a future exhaust system being available for sale if your interested.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
F... me...

cheaper than SPD and with those gorgeous welds. No brainer right there.

I don't see one in the pics... did you guys do a post-cat bung for an O2 sensor?

Last edited:
OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
F... me...

cheaper than SPD and with those gorgeous welds. No brainer right there.

I don't see one in the pics... did you guys do a post-cat bung for an O2 sensor?
Indeed it’s a good deal! Yes we did on mine - used defoulers as well so no error codes.

Reactions
Hey guys the fabrication shop that did my custom exhaust is offering catted or catless downpipes for sale. Price, material and quality are all solid. Check it out if you’re in the market. I make zero money from this, just sharing to promote a place that does good work and happy to see us getting more options.

https://fenfabrication.com/parts/fenfabrication-2020-ford-explorer-performance-downpipes

View attachment 3653 View attachment 3654 View attachment 3655
I couldn't agree more. Had Brett fan and install some DPs for me after I saw his work on here. 5 star + work!

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Very nice! So, if I order the catted ones I should get a defiler as well? They have any plans of selling the 3in exhaust in the future? quality work and not many options, sounds like it will sell.

F=MA

Reactions
Vlad the Defiler needs a Marvel series.

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Very nice! So, if I order the catted ones I should get a defiler as well? They have any plans of selling the 3in exhaust in the future? quality work and not many options, sounds like it will sell.
It sounded like he was going to add that as an option soon in the checkout but if you don’t see it I would just email him.

The exhaust is a little more complicated and he’s going to think about it but yes I agree there would be some demand.

He’s doing a custom intake and IC piping for me soon and I’d imagine the intake would also have interest here.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
this question would be a good one for @UNBROKEN too. Just so I'm clear on Fen Fab's setup, SPD's setup, and the ST's stock setup... (i tried crawling under my truck to see but couldn't make out much--its 25 degrees, very dark, and the concrete is very cold)...

he has pre-cat sensor bungs on each pipe and a post-cat sensor on each pipe? then running a defouler for each post-cat sensor? i assume the post-cat sensors are NOT used for any air/fuel management correct? just the pre-cat ones?

is it thought that this setup without the defoulers would throw a CEL (perhaps from increased exhaust flow rate)? or were you just being extra cautious?

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
this question would be a good one for @UNBROKEN too. Just so I'm clear on Fen Fab's setup, SPD's setup, and the ST's stock setup... (i tried crawling under my truck to see but couldn't make out much--its 25 degrees, very dark, and the concrete is very cold)...

he has pre-cat sensor bungs on each pipe and a post-cat sensor on each pipe? then running a defouler for each post-cat sensor? i assume the post-cat sensors are NOT used for any air/fuel management correct? just the pre-cat ones?

is it thought that this setup without the defoulers would throw a CEL (perhaps from increased exhaust flow rate)? or were you just being extra cautious?
Correct. Post-cat sensors are for emission purposes only. The defoulers prevent any chance of CEL issues due to higher flowing cat or absence of cat. We did not try to run my high flow cat without defoulers so I don't know for sure it would have caused CEL issue without it.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Rad. Thanks for the info.

Reactions
@Kruppa I would like to do a review & step-by-step install video for the catted version. if you interested in making a collaboration let me know. just send me a PM

Reactions
Correct. Post-cat sensors are for emission purposes only. The defoulers prevent any chance of CEL issues due to higher flowing cat or absence of cat. We did not try to run my high flow cat without defoulers so I don't know for sure it would have caused CEL issue without it.
I have FenFab dp's with no defouler and haven't had any CEL issues. He uses 300 cell cats, so that helps.

Reactions
Are the 300 cell cats more restrictive than SPD's ?

Reactions
Are the 300 cell cats more restrictive than SPD's ?
I think SPD uses 400 cell if I remember right. Either one is substantially less restrictive than stock.