Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Features

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hi All,
I've had the ST just for 2 weeks now and it seems every day, I find another feature/option that's not obvious and hard to know unless someone tells you about it.
They certainly are not listed in the sale options.

1. The little pocket in front of the center console is a wireless charger
2. Just wave your foot under the tow bar and the rear hatch opens automatically
3. If for some reason you're weaving between the lines, an alarm will go off and a dash message comes up and tells you to pull over and get some rest
4. The driver and passenger seats will give you a back, posterior and/or thigh massage (not just vibration but a kneading massage)
5. The adaptive cruise control will actually stop the vehicle if traffic stops and then resume when traffic does with the intention of reaching the set speed

If you know of any other hidden options/features, please feel free to post! :)

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hi All,
I've had the ST just for 2 weeks now and it seems every day, I find another feature/option that's not obvious and hard to know unless someone tells you about it.

3. If for some reason you're weaving between the lines, an alarm will go off and a dash message comes up and tells you to pull over and get some rest
4. The driver and passenger seats will give you a back, posterior and/or thigh massage (not just vibration but a kneading massage)
5. The adaptive cruise control will actually stop the vehicle if traffic stops and then resume when traffic does with the intention of reaching the set speed

Welcome to the forum.

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4

hbalek

Reactions
Hi All,

The definition of adaptive cruise control is that it adjusts your speed with the car in front of you to maintain a set distance but they later added stop-and-go which comes to a complete stop and then moves again. My 2013 only had the adaptive cruise control without the stop feature or auto-braking just collision warning which this vehicle has. Also before it was just lane-keeping but now there is lane-centering too. I think Fords have had hand-free liftgate for about 10 years or so. But many of the other features you mentioned debuted on this generation 4 years year ago. Now they have blue cruise which watches your eyes when you are driving hands-free and warns youi when you take your eyes off the road. I think the 2025 Explorer will have this for sure. Ford has offered it on Mach E and Lincolns for a while now.

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
The definition of adaptive cruise control is that it adjusts your speed with the car in front of you to maintain a set distance but they later added stop-and-go which comes to a complete stop and then moves again. My 2013 only had the adaptive cruise control without the stop feature or auto-braking just collision warning which this vehicle has. Also before it was just lane-keeping but now there is lane-centering too. I think Fords have had hand-free liftgate for about 10 years or so. But many of the other features you mentioned debuted on this generation 4 years year ago. Now they have blue cruise which watches your eyes when you are driving hands-free and warns youi when you take your eyes off the road. I think the 2025 Explorer will have this for sure. Ford has offered it on Mach E and Lincolns for a while now.
I guess that will be a challenge keeping "blue cruise' from shooting warnings when monitoring your dash or display entails taking your eyes off the road. :)

Was familiar with adaptive cruise but the stop and go feature was new to me. So is perpendicular parking as my 2012 Escape only performed the parallel and even that was a surprise for that year model..

hbalek

Reactions
I guess that will be a challenge keeping "blue cruise' from shooting warnings when monitoring your dash or display entails taking your eyes off the road. :)

Was familiar with adaptive cruise but the stop and go feature was new to me. So is perpendicular parking as my 2012 Escape only performed the parallel and even that was a surprise for that year model..
Ford's second generation of parking assist scared me at first since all you do is push and hold the button. My 2013 MKZ did only the steering, I had to brake and shift between R and D. Sometimes I just don't trust how lungy it is especially in tight spots. I never use the perpendicular park.

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
Ford's second generation of parking assist scared me at first since all you do is push and hold the button. My 2013 MKZ did only the steering, I had to brake and shift between R and D. Sometimes I just don't trust how lungy it is especially in tight spots. I never use the perpendicular park.
Wow, I guess there's different variations of parking assist. With the 2012 Escape, you just had to turn the directional on what side of the road you needed to park and then push the button just once. It would then hunt for a space at least one and a half times the length of the vehicle and then tell you to stop. Then yes, you had to put it into reverse and control the brake. It always operated pretty smoothly for me but I only ever used it to scare unsuspecting passengers. When the wheel started spinning by itself, they'd think it was possessed! lol