Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Farewell

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
The time has come and Ford has repurchased my vehicle. I had a host of issues from paint, sync 3 headaches, and smoking on cold start up. I enjoyed the vehicle for the time that I had it but paid entirely too much money for the hassles. I wish you all favorable warranty actions and long lived transmissions after your tunes.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Sorry to hear that. But you need to do what's best for you.
Good luck with your next vehicle. Have you decided what's next?

OP
B

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
I have Dale. I picked up a 2024 BMW M2. My wife really wanted and SUV and I wanted something that had good performance. In the end I don't need a vehicle that large. So I went pure performance.

Attachments

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Nice ride. Have fun with it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
The time has come and Ford has repurchased my vehicle. I had a host of issues from paint, sync 3 headaches, and smoking on cold start up. I enjoyed the vehicle for the time that I had it but paid entirely too much money for the hassles. I wish you all favorable warranty actions and long lived transmissions after your tunes.
There are many out there with ZERO problems including ours but I am sorry you got a lemon. The transmissions hold up to a lot, ask @UNBROKEN or Tyler Clark, you just got a lemon. Good luck with that M2 though! Those things are quick!

OP
B

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
There are many out there with ZERO problems including ours but I am sorry you got a lemon. The transmissions hold up to a lot, ask @UNBROKEN or Tyler Clark, you just got a lemon. Good luck with that M2 though! Those things are quick!
I definitely ended up with a lemon and I am glad I was able to have Ford rectify that with the repurchase.

I have already taken the M2 up to the mountains and it graciously accommodated my thrill seeking. Just getting to know the car I was able to pull 1.02gs on those windy roads. I will definitely be taking it to road Atlanta for chin days.

OP
B

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Nice ride. Have fun with it.
Thank you sir! I appreciate the dedication you put into this site.

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Best of luck. The new M2 rear end is hideous. IMO

OP
B

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
Best of luck. The new M2 rear end is hideous. IMO
I love it overall.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I dont blame you .........I think Im going to the new refreshed 2025 Tahoe RST next year.......I just cant do anymore recalls that last a year to resolve.

Plus my vehicle has 15 module updates the dealer wont do without a complaint for each one, no more begging to get the vehicle to work properly.

OP
B

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
I dont blame you .........I think Im going to the new refreshed 2025 Tahoe RST next year.......I just cant do anymore recalls that last a year to resolve.

Plus my vehicle has 15 module updates the dealer wont do without a complaint for each one, no more begging to get the vehicle to work properly.
I hope you can get your hands on one. My buddy we never able to get a slot to get an RST so they just gave up.

If you are looking to spend that much money and enjoy the ST, check out an X5 comp.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I hope you can get your hands on one. My buddy we never able to get a slot to get an RST so they just gave up.

If you are looking to spend that much money and enjoy the ST, check out an X5 comp.
BMW makes a nice product, curb appeal doesnt work for me, never liked anything BMW.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor

A bad dealer can change everything. Thankfully we have always found good dealers, after finding the bad ones.