Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Factory Speakers Ω

Reactions
Is there a chart somewhere that identifies all of the factory speakers on what Ohms Ω they are? Im looking to replace my factory speakers with those in higher quality and performance and continue to use the factory B&O amp.

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Is there a chart somewhere that identifies all of the factory speakers on what Ohms Ω they are? Im looking to replace my factory speakers with those in higher quality and performance and continue to use the factory B&O amp.
Did you ever find the answers you were looking for? I'm interested in this info as well and I can't find it. I'm also trying to find out the RMS output for the different channels on the factory B&O "upgraded" system.

Reactions
can anyone that has taken out the factory speakers put a meter to them and get us some answers?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
can anyone that has taken out the factory speakers put a meter to them and get us some answers?
Just a note that an ohm meter will not give real results since speakers are measured in impedance, not resistance. Impedance will normally be more than resistance, and will vary with frequency. There are some charts you can find that can give a ball park figure for what the impedance may be for a measured resistance for the typical car speaker.

Last edited: