Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Extra amp and subs

JasonJudd

Reactions
I need help to add an extra amo and 2 subs in the rear

How to wire?!

OP
J

JasonJudd

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I spoke to my Audio Shop that's local here, but they have been opened since 1980 and it's the same duo running it.
I should them this and they said It has 1
(12) rca's. (He didn't count, literally glaced at it and said 12). And said he would have to rewire to whole car... He opted me not to go this route.

I simply want to add an after market Sub and Amp. Simple No ?

OP
J

JasonJudd

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Everything is squared away ! Works Perfectly now, way too much bass, happy I have the bass nob to control it

Attachments

OP
J

JasonJudd

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
No didn't use at all, just grabbed the Feed going to the OEM sub in the rear driver side panel.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Everything is squared away ! Works Perfectly now, way too much bass, happy I have the bass nob to control it
Its hard to tell from this pic but where you able to retain the spare tire in the well, or is it gone now? I'm looking at taking a similar approach but was looking at how to frame and build up the area high enough that the backsides of the subs cleared the spare.

OP
J

JasonJudd

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
I removed the spare, I have only 800km on the car and have ford roadside lol
I turned the whole pocket to make a custom box for the 2 subs.
I went over board but I have a bass knob to control the amount of bass, depending on my mood.
Car is 2 weeks old and did about every upgrade
Just waiting on my down pipes from fenfab..

Reactions
I miss bass. How much for a setup like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExploST

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
No didn't use at all, just grabbed the Feed going to the OEM sub in the rear driver side panel.
So I'm at this point myself. I spike with crutchfield and they wanted to sell me a converter and said I need to run from the head unit for my signal. What did they use to grab the signal from the rear. The factory sub is DVC so it has 2 pairs of wires. TIA

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I don't know what line converter you're using but on my Audio Control LC2i, you can input both signal pairs to the OE sub and output the bass signal to your subwoofer amp. Is that what you are trying to do?

OP
J

JasonJudd

Reactions
Thread Starter #14
So I'm at this point myself. I spike with crutchfield and they wanted to sell me a converter and said I need to run from the head unit for my signal. What did they use to grab the signal from the rear. The factory sub is DVC so it has 2 pairs of wires. TIA

Hi,

My Installer simply left the stick sub in place and took the feed from the wires leading up to the sub and brought it to the Amp. I have in the photo. Simple install.