Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Explorer ST on a road course ??

real_supersnake

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
PXL_20221203_173751965~2.jpg

Screenshot_20221203-130939~2.png

Screenshot_20221203-130855~2.png

Had some fun at a toy drive/car show/track familiarization event this weekend at Motorsports Ranch in Cresson, TX. We did some lead-follow on the track to give people a chance to see what its like, nothing fast enough to need a helmet, but I did get the tires to chirp a couple times. Lots of fun, but I kept thinking about how it might feel with some new springs, sway bar, slightly wider summer performance tires and an upgraded intake. The track owner approached me before the laps and said "don't roll this thing!". He told me a couple of rookie Sherriff's deputies rolled two different Tahoe's while out there training. I told him I only had 2 payments in so I was planning to be careful and take it easy in the off camber turns.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Sounds like a lot of fun.
I concur. I’ve gotten the chance to drive a GTR on a track in Las Vegas, it was SO fun. Would love to bring the ST to the same track.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
What is the Ford ST track/course like in Park City, Utah? Am waiting for the spring schedule. Son did Ford Moab course because he bought a ‘21 BRONCO Badlands. Do they let spouse ride along? Should I pray there’s a little snow remaining?

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
What is the Ford ST track/course like in Park City, Utah? Am waiting for the spring schedule. Son did Ford Moab course because he bought a ‘21 BRONCO Badlands. Do they let spouse ride along? Should I pray there’s a little snow remaining?
It's an auotcross course set up in a large lot. Spouse/friend can ride along and get a turn to run the course, too.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
It's an auotcross course set up in a large lot. Spouse/friend can ride along and get a turn to run the course, too.
Thanks. Can’t wait! Did you go to one?

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Yep...went to the ST Experience in Park City, Utah and loved it...first class operation all the way.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I plan on taking mine out at some point, just need to find the time!

77Zip77

Reactions
Vehicle
Yep...went to the ST Experience in Park City, Utah and loved it...first class operation all the way.
Going in June with a passenger. Good to know.