Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Explorer ST mud guard thread

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Put on a set of OEM flaps last weekend. They of course fit perfectly and were super easy. If you have and 1/4” electric or air ratchet this is a 30 minute job for all 4.

Reactions
Put on a set of OEM flaps last weekend. They of course fit perfectly and were super easy. If you have and 1/4” electric or air ratchet this is a 30 minute job for all 4.
Milwaukee ratchets are worth their weight in gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Milwaukee ratchets are worth their weight in gold.

Don’t have a Milwaukee but I got a power ratchet for the Whipple install. Oh my God, how did I live without this thing?

LokiWolf

Reactions
What about the Ford Flaps?
Not sure? Never tried them. Went with WeatherTech. American Company, American Made, great instructions, and NEVER had issues with a single one of their products. Like the 8th set of flaps I have had on a vehicle from them. Never had issue with a single one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Ford flaps fit perfectly and couldn’t be easier to install. No drilling and a ratchet with a 7mm and deep 10mm are all that’s required. Tires don’t need to come off. I don’t know as to the cost. I ordered mine with the vehicle and they were in the back upon delivery. It’s a 30 minute to an hour job depending upon how efficient one might be.

Reactions
Ford flaps fit perfectly and couldn’t be easier to install. No drilling and a ratchet with a 7mm and deep 10mm are all that’s required. Tires don’t need to come off. I don’t know as to the cost. I ordered mine with the vehicle and they were in the back upon delivery. It’s a 30 minute to an hour job depending upon how efficient one might be.
Do the Ford ones come with the clear vinyl stickers to place on the vehicle that the flaps then go over? I appreciated Weathertech for thinking to protect my paint.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
No

Reactions
Good to know. I haven’t seen the OEM ones in person. I just like weathertech stuff. Extremely pleased. Probably can’t go wrong either way on this one.

Germarican

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Ordered Rokblokz for my’22 ST. Decided to try them because they look to have better coverage for the side of the vehicle.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
OEM

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer King Ranch 4WD 3.0T
Ordered Rokblokz for my’22 ST. Decided to try them because they look to have better coverage for the side of the vehicle.
Good quality product, i use them on our Subarus

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST Star White
ordered a set of Weathertech for the 2022 explorer ST 110111-120111 but the rear didnt have one of the mounting holes and the front didnt have the clip mounting spot they supplied, not sure if there was changes from 20/21 to 22 or they just sent the wrong parts..just sent them back, didnt like the look

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
ordered a set of Weathertech for the 2022 explorer ST 110111-120111 but the rear didnt have one of the mounting holes and the front didnt have the clip mounting spot they supplied, not sure if there was changes from 20/21 to 22 or they just sent the wrong parts..just sent them back, didnt like the look
Same here. Ford remove parts to save a dime. Still got the Weathertech installed. I do want to add the missing rear bolt to each mud guard.

dcknsn1

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
This is exactly what I've been looking for. Where did you find the logo to put on the WeatherTec flaps, and how did you put the logo on the mud flaps?

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Weather tech here
IMG_7464.jpeg