Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Explorer ST 1/4 Mile Times With Engine Warranty

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Winter is upon us, many drag strips have closed for the season and it's too cold to safely make Dragy runs.

So now's a good time to put all 1/4 mile times for ST's with intact engine warranties into one place.

FMIC's, 3rd party tunes, etc. are out.

My best two runs are 13.15 and 13.21 with the Ford Performance Tune:

1.jpg 2.jpg

09-01-22.jpg 09-01-22b.jpg

Reactions
Technically, engines with bolt on parts are still under warranty. A warranty is intact until it expires, regardless of the modifications done to the vehicle.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Technically, engines with bolt on parts are still under warranty. A warranty is intact until it expires, regardless of the modifications done to the vehicle.
That makes no sense at all.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
What? Absolutely Not true. You are modifying the vehicle and changing aspects of the vehicle. Granted, they would have to directly attribute the problem to the aftermarket part but that could be easy to prove. I bolt on upgraded turbos and the engine goes bad because of over boost they are not responsible for it.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Technically speaking, the entire warranty isn’t voided or any other term meaning “entirety”. Only the covered components that may fail due to any modification thereof. In the case of a power modification, the dealer/Ford can deny ANY driveline warranty claim and it will likely hold up in court if it went that far.

The OP fire starter guy is just a douch, so you’ll be better off just ignoring his posts.

Reactions
What? Absolutely Not true. You are modifying the vehicle and changing aspects of the vehicle. Granted, they would have to directly attribute the problem to the aftermarket part but that could be easy to prove. I bolt on upgraded turbos and the engine goes bad because of over boost they are not responsible for it.
Your warranty is still intact, regardless. I’m using the exact terminology as OP. Ford may choose to not honor the warranty if they feel damage was caused by aftermarket parts, but the warranty still exists and functions.

Reactions
Technically speaking, the entire warranty isn’t voided or any other term meaning “entirety”. Only the covered components that may fail due to any modification thereof. In the case of a power modification, the dealer/Ford can deny ANY driveline warranty claim and it will likely hold up in court if it went that far.

The OP fire starter guy is just a douch, so you’ll be better off just ignoring his posts.
I get what his goal with the post is, but the way it was worded was incorrect.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I have had half a dozen heavily modded cars (Mustangs) and can say from experience, unless the aftermarket part you install is the direct culprit for failure, your warranty will be honored. Ford dealers normally do not want to invest time to attempt to disprove OEM parts failure by an aftermarket as there are multiple variables.

Now, if you built a motor, stroked it, added massive turbos or a huge Roots/twin screw blower and you throw a rod, that's a no brainer. If you install an intake and something on the engine fails, an intake won't be the cause in nearly every scenario.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I have had half a dozen heavily modded cars (Mustangs) and can say from experience, unless the aftermarket part you install is the direct culprit for failure, your warranty will be honored. Ford dealers normally do not want to invest time to attempt to disprove OEM parts failure by an aftermarket as there are multiple variables.

Now, if you built a motor, stroked it, added massive turbos or a huge Roots/twin screw blower and you throw a rod, that's a no brainer. If you install an intake and something on the engine fails, an intake won't be the cause in nearly every scenario.
Yes, common sense should prevail, but we all know…