Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Explorer PIU

Reactions
Back in April of 1995 I started the first Late Model Mustang web site on the web: http://www.corral.net, so I'm no stranger to modifications. Before I sold it, my 1999 Mustang GT made 520 RWHP. That car was taken to many road race courses where I instruct. I had a 2011 GT500 which also turned many a lap around the road course and I sold it a few years ago in anticipation of the new GT500. Little did I know that the new one was going to fetch over $100k. I'm a Mustang guy through and through, but no way am I going to pay $100k for a Mustang. For that money I'll go buy a used Ferrari and in 10-years when I go to sell it I will be able to get my money back or even make a profit. My current fun toy is a 2013 Boss 302 in School Bus Yellow (SBY) that puts down about 483 RWHP. It is completely modified from suspension to stereo and body work.

I now find myself in a Ford PIU 3.0l TT as a work vehicle. It is lacking some of the features that the ST has and I'm hoping to add those via Forscan. It has no backup sensors and it has the world's most bogus radio. I'm hoping to at least rectify the backup sensor issue, either through a factory setup or aftermarket if I have to. I have given up hope on replacing the radio.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning about the new platform.

Reactions
Honestly, I’d suggest looking for a totalled ST on copart and rip everything out of there if that’s the route you wanna go. You could have the rigid body of the PIU with the luxury and style of the ST

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome