Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Exhaust smell

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Has anyone gotten a p219b code (engine control system has detected a large variance between the engine cylinders on the bank 2 side of the engine) after the catalytic converter recall being done? My dealership cannot get the CEL to stop coming on after the recall. It's driving me crazy thinking my 60,000 car is a brick. It needs to pass emissions and looks like I'm screwed. Any advice?
That code is thrown when there is about a 15% difference between the A/FR from the left to right bank as measured by the O2 sensors. Since you just had the cat done (I assume driver's side?) it's most likely to do with that (possibly a damaged O2 sensor, or they put in new ones?) Unfortunately, it isn't something that is all that easy to diagnose, so you're going to have to deal with your service department. I could offer you things to try, but they would be conjecture. Sorry.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
No
Are you getting any other trouble codes along with it? This link might be helpful:

https://www.700r4transmissionhq.com/p219b-ford-f150/
No other codes. I once got a misfire code about a month back. Only code I get now is the one I referred to above.

It's back at the dealership now. They are installing another new cat, new plugs on the side throwing the code and new injectors. We'll see what happens. They also drove it 50 miles around town trying to get the code to go off before performing any work. I was tracking it on the fordpass app. I wish them luck.

JUP

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
No

No other codes. I once got a misfire code about a month back. Only code I get now is the one I referred to above.

It's back at the dealership now. They are installing another new cat, new plugs on the side throwing the code and new injectors. We'll see what happens. They also drove it 50 miles around town trying to get the code to go off before performing any work. I was tracking it on the fordpass app. I wish them luck.

May I ask if this resolved your P219B recurring issue? I am also experiencing randomly recurring P219B Service Engine Codes after the Catalytic Converter was replaced under the recall campaign. Mine is a 2020 with 36000 miles. The dealer has replaced both 02 sensors in the second bank. I am taking it back on Monday...sure hope that replacing the cat again fixed yours!

Madisonville ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
May I ask if this resolved your P219B recurring issue? I am also experiencing randomly recurring P219B Service Engine Codes after the Catalytic Converter was replaced under the recall campaign. Mine is a 2020 with 36000 miles. The dealer has replaced both 02 sensors in the second bank. I am taking it back on Monday...sure hope that replacing the cat again fixed yours!
Welcome to the forum.