Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Exhaust installation

Reactions
Good morning ladies and gents, curious as to what’s a good ball park pricing to get borla exhaust installed? Just ordered my s type and was trying figure out what shop to go to have it done by, but also know what’s fair pricing. If anyone has any recommended places in nyc / nj/ Long Island area I would greatly appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s a 2 hour driveway job with basic hand tools if you have a place to work. Could save you some cash.

OP
Yungty718
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
It’s a 2 hour driveway job with basic hand tools if you have a place to work. Could save you some cash.
Yeah I was considering going to a friends yard to do it as well. Just may not have the time unfortunately due to work

Reactions
Yeah I was considering going to a friends yard to do it as well. Just may not have the time unfortunately due to work
I paid a local shop 250.

Reactions
I paid a local muffler shop in S/W Fl. 150.00. Great job!

OP
Yungty718
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Sheesh those both sound amazing well we shall see what this shop quotes me when. I call them on break

OP
Yungty718
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Random question is the borla saving some weight vs stock or do they weigh roughly the same?

Reactions
Random question is the borla saving some weight vs stock or do they weigh roughly the same?

The Borla is quite a bit lighter. Exactly I'm not sure but was definitely lighter.

OP
Yungty718
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Ah ok thank you

Reactions
It’s definitely lighter but I forgot to weigh the factory one when it came off. Those Ford mufflers are huge though.

My ST is Better!

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Good morning ladies and gents, curious as to what’s a good ball park pricing to get borla exhaust installed? Just ordered my s type and was trying figure out what shop to go to have it done by, but also know what’s fair pricing. If anyone has any recommended places in nyc / nj/ Long Island area I would greatly appreciate it!

I paid 200 bucks at a local shop, for my Borla ATAK install!

OP
Yungty718
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
I paid 200 bucks at a local shop, for my Borla ATAK install!
I got quoted 225 I’m going to do it on Saturday because the shop comes highly recommended I am so anxious I want it on now but I rather have quality work done than someone just out to catch a quick buck

OP
Yungty718
Reactions
Thread Starter #14

Today is the day! So excited borla s type here I come !

OP
Yungty718
Reactions
Thread Starter #15

OP
Yungty718
Reactions
Thread Starter #16
I love this thing. S type gives it a nice tone not to “ricey” at all ! No drone at all what so ever. Was debating on the atak but haven’t seen many videos on it and borla own video sounded similar to me

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Those black tips look really good. And from all of the videos I have seen the exhaust note reminds me of the Nissan VQ engines, which I have always thought were the second best souding V6's anyways (second to VW VR6 variants)

OP
Yungty718
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
Those black tips look really good. And from all of the videos I have seen the exhaust note reminds me of the Nissan VQ engines, which I have always thought were the second best souding V6's anyways (second to VW VR6 variants)
Yeah I agree like the fx35 / g35 ... definitely not bad for a v6. I like that it’s noticeable but incognito at the same time because they don’t expect it from an “explorer” lol

Depending on videos of the downpipe install with the s type. That will possibly be the last exhaust mod for me