Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Exhaust Help

Reactions
Afternoon peeps, have a 2020 Explorer ST at 99k miles. I was looking at doing an exhaust system here eventually and know that there are many on the market. Had the vehicle in for state inspection and both Cats have cracks in the welds. Supposedly Only the left side is covered under the recall notice and they want 1200 for parts and labor on the right side. My thoughts are I might aswell replace the entire exhaust system at this point. My question lies in the replacement of the catalytic converters. I know I can replace with stock, hi flow or delete them as part of the exhaust system. Does anyone have recommendations on accompanying components with the specific exhaust? Looking for probably the most cost effective route.
Mostly stock
AFE CAI installed
Steeda intercooler ordered
ZFG tune in the future

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
It may be a long shot but Id give Ford customer service line a call and explain that, despite having a lot of miles, your explorer is only 4 years old! The same manufacturing flaws that plague the left cat also happens on the right...just maybe not as often. Ford has replaced these on MY2020 in hugh numbers that its almost a right of passage for ownership. Hopefully they will comp part or all of the right cat.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Appreciate the reply. Spoke with ford customer service and they denied it, the extended service plan I have denied it due to it being a catalytic converter which seems to be the only parts not covered lol.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Well that sucks. I'd put in a NHTSA complaint about it. They have other catalytic converter recalls on file so it must fall under their jurisdiction.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Same thought process. A lot of others here had both replaced due to the same thing. Mileage isn’t in my favor for sure. lol!