Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

exhaust and wheels?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Does anyone have any good recommendations for an aftermarket exhaust and wheels for my 2021 explorer ST, roughly 10k miles. I want to get a tune after I order these things. Hoping to bump the HP up a bit, Thanks everyone!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Both have been discussed ad nauseam…use the search tool and you’ll find hours on hours of reading.

Last edited:
OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #3
okay, thank you

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
@willh876 Hello there fellow FTL neighbor. Just relocated myself from Davie to Stuart. Thermal R&D exhaust seems to be a wide favorite on here since it also includes mid pipes. I personally went with Borla exhaust which does not include mid pipe replacement. The reasons why even care about mid is because stock will rattle after some time.

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #5
Hello, Stuart is an awesome place! Very peaceful, good golfing as well. I have been doing some research all night and I have read a lot of what you just said. I see the top two are the exhaust you mentioned. I appreciate your input and response, let me ask you this? I have been looking at rims for the car. It seems like a lot of rims are different sizes than the OEM rims that come with the car. My rims are the silver ones and I wanted the black ones like you have in your photo. But if I don't get them it looks like the rims are different sizes and you would have to get new tires as well. Any idea? Thanks agian

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Hello, Stuart is an awesome place! Very peaceful, good golfing as well. I have been doing some research all night and I have read a lot of what you just said. I see the top two are the exhaust you mentioned. I appreciate your input and response, let me ask you this? I have been looking at rims for the car. It seems like a lot of rims are different sizes than the OEM rims that come with the car. My rims are the silver ones and I wanted the black ones like you have in your photo. But if I don't get them it looks like the rims are different sizes and you would have to get new tires as well. Any idea? Thanks agian
Yes, that's correct. The black rims are included dependent on which package you selected for example (Performance or Street). This will determine if you get 21in black rims or the 20in. if you desire to keep your tires then it's possible if you get the black rims at same rim size. Some on these forums have done what you're inquiring about. However, if you choose to go bigger rims then Yes, you will need bigger tires. Hope this helps

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #7
Hello, Thank you sir, it helped a lot.

Reactions
Vehicle
21 Explorer ST
I bought the thermal 2.5 cat back. It sounds amazing without being too loud. The black tips are a winner in my book also. Took longer for removal of the stock than to install the new also.

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #9
I'm going to purchase the thermal as well. I cannot wait until I can get it put on. Does it get louder in sport mode or is it the same in every mode, obviously depending on how hard you push it?

Reactions
Vehicle
21 Explorer ST
I disabled the fake engine noise. It gets loud at cold start and under heavy acceleration. Otherwise there is no difference in sport... Which I use 100% of the time outside of short jaunts.

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #11
Good to know, than you. I need to really read this manual. I had no idea they had such a thing as fake engine noise. Any other key features you recommend?

Reactions
Vehicle
21 Explorer ST
The fake engine noise gets turned off in Forscan. I made some other personal changes like Bambi mode and changed the DRL to the amber lights.

Reactions
Vehicle
20' Explorer ST
The fake engine noise gets turned off in Forscan. I made some other personal changes like Bambi mode and changed the DRL to the amber lights.
Did you use a spreadsheet if so which one?