Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Exciting times! Palm Beach tune and ATAK exhaust ordered!

Reactions
Ok guys. So I just ordered an ATAK exhaust from lethal performance, and ordered a ngauge tuner from Palm Beach Dyno.

Very very excited to see what happens!

Lets see what we put together in about 2 weeks when I get the exhaust put in!

Tomorrow the tuner arrives, so chances are I wont get to upload/download until at least Wednesday morning.

Exhaust is coming in ground, so im guessing a week or so.

Still pondering about the intercooler. Worried that might hinder factory warranty. At least I can reload stock file, and exhaust is not a void.

Reactions
The tune certainly can affect your warranty. The ECM has a log file that records and keeps records every time it’s flashed. The good thing is that it’s up to your dealer to enforce it unless you have a warranty claim that might have been caused by the tune, then Ford gets involved.

Reactions
The tune will most definitely impact warranty if you have a warranty claim, and paired with an aftermarket exhaust would most certainly give them more suspicion to look for tuning. Work that said I've tuned several cars and never had an issue, but the possibility is real.

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
If you're worried about warranty issues, look up the Magnuson Moss act.

Basically in a nutshell, the dealer has to prove that whatever is wrong with your vehicle is directly caused by what you did.

I.e., if you install an intercooler and your A/C compressor craps out....if you flash a tune and your memory seats stop working. They have to prove without a reasonable doubt that one caused the other.

OP
O
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Ok guys. After a small hiccup but with amazing PB customer service, I installed it!

Total time took about 20minutes. Between loading the tune on sd card and getting the car flashed.

Ok initial impressions. Wow. The truck really really moves now! The transmission clicks into each gear with authority and doesnt seem to "get lost" like it did before.

I have nothing to compare it to, or any times, just a seat of the pants. The overall experience is excellent.

Last edited:
Reactions
which tune are you using?

i’m amazed at how fast everything was done.. from ordering to receiving tunes, my process with 5 star took eight days.. long time to wait for a kid with a toy!

OP
O
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Just a 93 octane tune. I dont have e85/55 or anything. But it feels amazing. Yea it was quick... but I paid the extra $30 for next day shipping. Lol

Reactions
i’m happy with the tunes but i was so impatient waiting for them.. i’m running e50 full time but i’m switching to 93 performance next fill up.. want to see how it affects the exhaust note.. hoping to get some more popping.

Last edited:
Reactions
How long should I wait to tune it? At 400 miles now!

Reactions
you’re gonna get different answers on this.. a lot of guys wanna baby their cars for the first 1000 miles, others until the first oil change.. i’ve been a wide open throttle from mile 1 kinda guy my whole life.. i say tune it now.. the only reason i waited 2500 miles for my tune was because the day after i picked it up, i drove it to disney and back.. otherwise i would have gotten it tuned asap.

OP
O
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
I waited for over 1k. 1100 to be exact before doing anything.