Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Excessive condensation/dripping from passenger side rear quarter?

Reactions
Not sure if its particularly because of the hot weather, but been noticing constant leaking of water from the passenger rear quarter panel, right at the bottom of the wheel well. Like, after a few minutes a nice sized puddle will form. Is this normal for you guys? Hoping this wont lead to premature rot/rust.

Reactions
There’s been cases where water has leaked into the spare tire compartment during rain. Check inside there to see if it has. Another possibility is that since you said it’s been hot, have you been running the rear AC? It could be the rear condensation drain that exits there. I haven’t run my rear AC so I haven’t seen where the rear drains.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s the rear AC and perfectly normal.

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
It’s the rear AC and perfectly normal.
Ah, did not know there was a separate unit back there. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions
I think @UNBROKEN has answered this. But for my own piece of mind. Is this the area where I can expect to see the rear AC condensation to accumulate? With a quick glance the water appears to be coming down the heat shield above muffler 9991C28E-6FFA-4D48-931C-CA4898AD6B2C.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer King Ranch 4WD 3.0T
I will get to see this come the summer Monsoon in AZ - while using AC all the time now, it's way too dry to really see this ... yet. :)