Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Even happens to Ford Senior Master Techs!!

Reactions
So we went to her moms and we decided to take her new rig, she is at 300 miles and when we got home the wrench light, traction control and hill assist warning lamps on! Crazy!!! And I’m aggravated just like anybody else would be, and the one weekend I didn’t bring home my laptop!!

Attachments

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Tried to post a video but I guess it wouldn’t take! I’ll post later on what I find! I have an idea and I was the one driving when it came on so at least I know what was going on when I can look at the freeze frame data for the codes.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
So it had codes C00A6, C0631 and a couple ABS codes and ACM codes, found TSB, 20-2071 for an updated Half Shaft speed sensor, hotline said it would take care of all the codes it had set! Pretty easy fix. Also had a SSM 48741 for a new update in the AWD module. Hopefully I’ll get the sensor in and update the PCM & AWD and she will be good to go!

Last edited:

KegsBdry

Reactions
Has it happened since?

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Parts just showed up today, Should have it in this afternoon hopefully!

Reactions
Please keep us posted on what the root cause is.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Looks like the speed sensor and the reflash resolved all the issues. No issues at all

KegsBdry

Reactions
Looks like the speed sensor and the reflash resolved all the issues. No issues at all
Sounds like the come issue between everyone having issues is a flash update at the dealership of various components. Also a hodgepodge of various replacement parts.

Reactions
So it had codes C00A6, C0631 and a couple ABS codes and ACM codes, found TSB, 20-2071 for an updated Half Shaft speed sensor, hotline said it would take care of all the codes it had set! Pretty easy fix. Also had a SSM 48741 for a new update in the AWD module. Hopefully I’ll get the sensor in and update the PCM & AWD and she will be good to go!
Thanks for posting that TSB, same thing just happened to my early production 2020 ST and the dealer had no clue but could see all of the faults on their computer. I did not know that the service department had that much information on my vehicle. Anyway the part should arrive tomorrow. Great post! Likely saved me several days of diagnosis and coffee breaks until they came up with TSB 20-2071.