Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Error Code during launch - post tune

Reactions
Hey all. Wasn't sure exactly where to post. I've been trying to get decent Dragy times. Turned off traction and advanced trac this morning, got a ton of wheel hop during launch and let off. Threw a code. I've got a 22 without the normal BOV. Not sure if this is valid, but if I had a decent amount of boost built, and let off quickly, would this throw a code? Would a FenFab and BOV potentially help?

Whipple IC, 91 ZFG tune, Diffy Stiffy.

Attachments

LokiWolf

Reactions
Hey all. Wasn't sure exactly where to post. I've been trying to get decent Dragy times. Turned off traction and advanced trac this morning, got a ton of wheel hop during launch and let off. Threw a code. I've got a 22 without the normal BOV. Not sure if this is valid, but if I had a decent amount of boost built, and let off quickly, would this throw a code? Would a FenFab and BOV potentially help?

Whipple IC, 91 ZFG tune, Diffy Stiffy.
Have you talked to Adam. As a ZFG customer, that is the first place to start with this type of question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Y
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Yeah, I shot him and email with the error code. Curious if anyone has had similar experience or thoughts as well.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
If you got into wheel hop and let off, it could definitely throw an overboost code. Next, I'd check the diffy stiffy and see if the slotted mounting holes show movement.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
When you get severe wheel spin and/or wheel hop where the engine is loaded-unloaded at WOT, you may indeed get an over-boost fault code along with other codes depending on what else is happening. If you’re ever feeling wheel hop, let off the throttle immediately and correct the problem causing it. I’m sure Adam will get back to you, so clear the code and drive on.