Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

E85! HPFP upgrades! who is ready to make some power?

Reactions
Hey guys! Who has some serious interest in running e85? Although we do offer e50 tunes there is still power left on the table, especially on the big end of the track. and if you don't like mixing this is for you!

Xtreme DI offers 2 different HPFP fuel pumps for the ST

The HPFP-35 (specially modified for this platform, more details soon but the pump is available now). This pump comes in at $1599 and will support e85 on the stock turbos.

The HPFP-60 is the big brother of the HPFP-35. It supports 25% more flow and max pressure of 3625 psi. This pump is currently the biggest pump on the market and will support large turbos and more modifications. This pump is priced at $2499.

Injector upgrades are a ways out yet however the factory injectors will support full e85 with either pump and the stock turbos. The factory in tank fuel pump has also proven to be sufficient so far!

As far as tuning goes, I offer custom calibrations that support e70-e90 to account for the variation in fuel at the pump. Full flex fuel is not available at this time, if there is enough demand and someone is willing to put in the time data logging it may be possible as some of the flex fuel logic is present in the ecu. It will likely give up a little bit of power compared to dedicated e85 tune.

I only use the HP tuners platform for many reasons. All custom tuning is done with the HP tuners MPVI2 which is a laptop based application. The normal cost of the package is $699, however if you want to bundle with the pump I can definitely work out a package deal for you. Also if you are willing to dyno or run at the track their are more discounts to be had.

The goal of this thread is not to be an sales add but rather to get everyone talking about e85! So let's hear those questions!

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
this sounds interesting, but good lord this platform is going to be expensive to modify...

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
this sounds interesting, but good lord this platform is going to be expensive to modify...
Yes it is, I was bit disappointed they didn't do dual injection, but I think they were able to get the cold start performance they needed with the extra injection pressure they added.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
What's up everyone!

I just want to give everyone an idea of what is to come to this platform! Check this f150 out stock turbos, e85 and bolt ons.

Reactions
What's up everyone!

I just want to give everyone an idea of what is to come to this platform! Check this f150 out stock turbos, e85 and bolt ons.

That looks fantastic and thank you for making it a bundled package to buy.
How similar are the turbos between the F150 3.5 and Explorer ST application?

Reactions
I've been looking for stuff for a month and just stumbled onto this page! I'm looking to make some power in the mom car lol. The 60 seems like a better deal if you plan on going bigger turbo etc! I wanna do the whipple intercooler the high pressure pump and e85. I have a ngauge could you put a package together for the tune intercooler and pump?

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
I've been looking for stuff for a month and just stumbled onto this page! I'm looking to make some power in the mom car lol. The 60 seems like a better deal if you plan on going bigger turbo etc! I wanna do the whipple intercooler the high pressure pump and e85. I have a ngauge could you put a package together for the tune intercooler and pump?
Do you have an f150? That user name looks familiar.

I can get you a package deal on the intercooler and HPFP, tune wise I would need you to switch to the hp tuners mpvi2 or RTD the ngauge does not have the data logging ability needed for a custom tune, so I don't use it. I can make that part of the package as well and cut you a sweet deal on the tune for having to switch. If you have any questions let me know.

Reactions
I do have a f150 as well! I need to tune it as well lol. I just want a sweet light to light mom car for now. Yeah if you wanna shoot me a message with details that would be awesome.