Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

E-Zpass Transponder mounting options?

Reactions
Does anyone have creative ideas on stealth mounting an E-Zpass transponder? I have internal and external transponders so open to ideas. Mounting the external is more appealing.

Last edited:

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Paint it black and stick it in front of the display. It will be virtually invisible and works just fine.

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I was hoping that someone has come up with a clever external grill mount. I'll have to figure that out.

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I'm in PA and if you set your EZ-Pass account up with your vehicle license plates, it will just see the plate and charge the EZ Pass account. I don't even keep the transponder in the car. When I did keep it in the car, I was able to have it in my arm rest or somewhere not too buried and it would still ping. It doesn't have to be directly on the dashboard or windshield.

Reactions
I'm not saying the license plate idea isn't good, because it is, however ironically here in FL I got pinged for $1.07 (the horror LOL) from someone else's license plates that weirdly were the same as mine. Our Explorer has specialty plates (save the Manatees which is blue as a background) and the Dodge Ram truck that had the same letter/number combo had the OG white Florida plates.

We took a trip to Key West and I was just curious as to how much that cost in tolls and when I checked my account I saw that charge back in February, so looked and it was that Dodge Ram. They credited my account back, but if I hadn't of checked, well....

I have mine painted black, in both vehicles, and they do blending and you don't see them from outside the vehicle. The 911 has a chalk/gray interior, so it is a bit more visible from outside even painted black than the black interior in the Explorer.

Reactions
I painted my EZpass black as well. Only thing I need to figure out is the velcro sticky strips still show because they are white. I'm sure they make a black set, just gotta purchase them but painting the EZpass black was a huge improvement.